PDA

View Full Version : ovulation pains

Cell block H fan
25-03-10, 20:26
Do you ever get caught out? Near on every month, about 11/12 days after the start of my last period (my cycle is always about 23-25 days) I get twinges, bit like period pains.
I start worrying something is wrong, especially now since ive been due a smear test since last summer.
Then I look at the calendar & realise what it 'probably' is.
Anyone else get this?

Panickypants
25-03-10, 20:36
Yes i do .... spmetimes my ovulation pains are worse than my period pains..I also get bad anxiety around the time im ovulating too..And like you i kept putting off having a smear but i had one recently after being 3 years over due and my test came back normal so it's not cos there is something wrong... Try not to worry x

Cell block H fan
25-03-10, 20:49
Yes i do .... spmetimes my ovulation pains are worse than my period pains..I also get bad anxiety around the time im ovulating too..And like you i kept putting off having a smear but i had one recently after being 3 years over due and my test came back normal so it's not cos there is something wrong... Try not to worry x

Its strange isn't it, so similar to period pains you almost expect to start bleeding! Then remember what it is lol
Nah i'm not worried about the smear thing, I'm dreading having it done, which is why I put it off, but not the result really. Ive had normal ones since I was 21 (i'm 39 now & had them every year until 3 yrs ago due to loop diathermy treatment on the cervix when I was 20)
They are fine with me going to 3 yearly, but this is the second letter they have sent me since last summer. I will deffo go next month!

Do you get the twinges in your ovaries as well as the dull ache across the bottom of the tummy?

Anxious_gal
25-03-10, 20:53
yeah me too, had a scan done, but it was just ovulation pains. even went to the ER the first time I had it very bad!

MOMINPANIC
25-03-10, 21:28
Yep, I get the twinges and it's even tender when I push down over that area, right more than the left side. Every few months I even get pains so bad that there have been a couple times I've come close to going to the ER, but it goes away within a few hours or so. Even though I know it's related to ovulation, it's still stressful to me.

BabyRachel
25-03-10, 21:50
Your not alone, I get ovulation pains as well. I also get VERY VERY bad anxiety and depression with my period. This month I went to my doctor and broke down into tears about it, telling her I couldn't cope.. So she put me on the pill, the hormones are supposed to help lessen the effects of PMS. Also, you don't release the egg whilst on the pill so if it is a major issue for you, consider going on the pill? xx

Cell block H fan
25-03-10, 22:48
Your not alone, I get ovulation pains as well. I also get VERY VERY bad anxiety and depression with my period. This month I went to my doctor and broke down into tears about it, telling her I couldn't cope.. So she put me on the pill, the hormones are supposed to help lessen the effects of PMS. Also, you don't release the egg whilst on the pill so if it is a major issue for you, consider going on the pill? xx

I probably couldn't really, what with having the abnormal smear & treatment years ago, plus i'm 39 now :lac:
I'll be glad when its all done & dusted, possibly only another 10 years or so to go LOL

Thanks for your replies folks. Good to know its not just me!
x

Cat80
26-03-10, 10:23
I used to get ovulation pains every month before I went on the pill. It used to be a stabbing pain low down in my ovary and last for a few hours then it would go.

happyone
26-03-10, 10:43
I get this too. I get an excrutiating pain mid cycle. It usually starts in the night and I have to get up and get a hot water bottle and painkillers. It got so bad I believed something was seriously wrong with me. I went to the doc and she said it was called "mittelshmitz syndrome"

At present I am either peri menapausal or not having periods due to depression. Whichever way, it is good to be rid of the menstrual cycle for the moment!

Happyone
xx

Cell block H fan
26-03-10, 12:03
I get this too. I get an excrutiating pain mid cycle. It usually starts in the night and I have to get up and get a hot water bottle and painkillers. It got so bad I believed something was seriously wrong with me. I went to the doc and she said it was called "mittelshmitz syndrome"

At present I am either peri menapausal or not having periods due to depression. Whichever way, it is good to be rid of the menstrual cycle for the moment!

Happyone
xx

I never google these days but I did google that, although I stopped reading when it got to the complications bit & where it says see your doc if....
Reading on further would have worried me lol
But it was interesting, I didn't know it was as common as 1 in 5! And that it actually had a name.
xxx

Rachel W
27-03-10, 01:48
I get this also, but even though i get very bad period pains the ovulation pain is more of a light stabbing here and there for about a day or so.