PDA

View Full Version : I built up the nerve again!

Pru
25-03-10, 21:23
Hi

I actually joined here a couple of weeks ago but didn't have the guts to post much, so I decided on a fresh start

I had a serious breakdown many years ago and thought I had recovered well from it, recently all the old problems have come back and I am not coping well at all with it all, the panic attacks are back and the fear of dying, illness etc is worse than ever, it is constantly on my mind and I am really down about it all, I really thought I had conquered all this and now I just feel total despair that it's back to haunt me again

So that's me.......

nomorepanic
25-03-10, 21:24
Hi Pru

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

hallam11
25-03-10, 22:02
Hello Pru,

Firstly welcome:welcome: Hope you find all the help and support you want and need!

Secondly I am sorry this past bad feelings and anxiety had returned.Sadly sometimes it does come back.Mine did also and sadly sometimes it does come back. The good thing is you beat it before and you can beat it again! There are many people on here who have similar problems so please take refuge in the fact that you are not alone!

TAKE CARE! XX

Pru
25-03-10, 22:03
Hello Pru,

Firstly welcome:welcome: Hope you find all the help and support you want and need!

Secondly I am sorry this past bad feelings and anxiety had returned.Sadly sometimes it does come back.Mine did also and sadly sometimes it does come back. The good thing is you beat it before and you can beat it again! There are many people on here who have similar problems so please take refuge in the fact that you are not alone!

TAKE CARE! XXThank you so much, I am determined to beat it and having the support of people here is lovely, I really appreciate it :hugs:

mick_uk
25-03-10, 22:39
Hiya pru,
You'll find a lot of help on here...... unless you start singing :D

mick

Pru
26-03-10, 20:34
Hiya pru,
You'll find a lot of help on here...... unless you start singing :D

mickHi Mick, I promise not to sing unless I have had a few Whiskys:blush:

lynn1960
27-03-10, 17:12
you beat it once you will do it again just remember that

JT69
27-03-10, 17:18
Hi Pru,

Sorry to hear you are having a bit of an awful time of it again!! Unfortunately things tend to come back and haunt us again...we on here are all in the same boat so you will get lots of help and advice.

You beat it once so you will beat it again!!!

Take care
JO.

Pru
28-03-10, 21:29
Thanks for the welcomes and the encouragement all of you:hugs:

Dimi
29-03-10, 17:02
Hiya :)

Same boat here. I had all this about 6 years ago and slowly got over it as the symptoms subsided. Few weeks ago they all came crashing over me for no apparent reason. Now I'm back to square 1.

But, like you, I know I've been through it before and came out the other side so why not again? Damn annoying though as we know it really aint a nice place to be.

The other end is though :)

Carys
29-03-10, 17:52
Hey Pru ! Hiyer, if you want to chat just give me a pm. I had serious anxiety problems about 12 years ago, which I conquered very successfully, but since some major family problems in the last year they have reared their head again with vengeance. Don't despair, we 've got through it before and can do so again ! (perhaps even quicker as we've done it before :roflmao:and know the ropes) You are really not alone and I understand how you feel totally - my Claire Weekes book has been out today for quite a while ! LOL

Pru
12-04-10, 20:58
Hiya :)

Same boat here. I had all this about 6 years ago and slowly got over it as the symptoms subsided. Few weeks ago they all came crashing over me for no apparent reason. Now I'm back to square 1.

But, like you, I know I've been through it before and came out the other side so why not again? Damn annoying though as we know it really aint a nice place to be.

The other end is though :)Hi Dimi. Sorry my reply has took so long but I have not been in a great place and have found things hard to talk about, I am sorry you are going through your problems again, I am so frustrated that mine are back and worse than ever, the constant worry and paranoia is really getting to me, thanks for the support