PDA

View Full Version : This really really sucks...stressed out.

Liliana83
25-03-10, 23:43
Hi everyone..I'm a new member to this forum..and this is my first time starting a thread. I am at a lost right now. I came home from work today to find out my boyfriend has been laid off from his job. Nothing hurts as much as seeing a loved one in trouble and or in pain...and to see him cry..breaks my heart! I fear I might have a panic attack if I keep thinking about it...I have tears coming down my face as I type and I don't know what to do..I feel useless! I keep telling him he'll find something better..but right now is obviously upset...:weep:

diane07
26-03-10, 08:56
Aww hun,

The same thing happened to my mum and stepdad two years ago, they were both made reduntant within two weeks of each other, it was awful for them.

If its any consolation they are both back in full time work again and it all came good in the end.

Sending your partner some :hugs:and i hope he finds a job real soon.

di xx

Thumbelina
26-03-10, 09:31
It is very very humiliating to be laid off. iT KILLS YOUR CONFIDENCE.

I was made redundant 2,5 months ago.

I was in floods, when they gave me a letter I was driving away and was s upset i didnt know where to go.

Surprisingly after i made some calls - i was given an interview in another company the next day and had a better job the day after.

It did turn better for me at the end.

These days may people get terminated and it has nothing to do with their professionalism.

Anxiety is a natural reaction in this situation as it a threat.

Hope you both pull yourselves together, start sending the CV out, faxing it, calling friends and etc. looking for a new job non stop everywhere..

Liliana83
26-03-10, 13:54
Thank you both for the replies. I didn't get much sleep last night..even though I took my Trazodone (for my insomnia)..after talking some more with him about possible job aspects I started to feel a little better. My chest pains have resided and realize that he will get another job soon...let's hope. He worked in the mortgage industry and this is the 3rd time he has been laid off in a total of a 5 year span. I know this is another rough patch and I have to keep it together..for the sake of ''us''. He has applied to alot of jobs yesterday..we'll see what happens..