PDA

View Full Version : Great news :-)

crazyhayz
26-03-10, 02:11
Thanks for the responses guys :) and i have some GREAT NEWS !!!!

As im typing now, ive literally been in for 5 minutes from hospital. Called an ambulance topnight coz of severe crippling chest pains and heart palpitations, breathing difficulties... been in Major Cardiac Unit for the last 4 and a half hours!!! I was put on a 4 hour ECG... heart is PERFECT :) Then i was given a Chest X-Ray.... and thats was perfect too :) Im just soooooooo happy!!!!!!! The pains have all gone, its well strange!! Still getting the little tightenings and slight ectopics but they ARE NOT BOTHERING ME 1 BIT coz i know there is absolutley nothing wrong with me and its just ANXIETY :) I was having ectopics AS I WAS HAVING ECG DONE...AND NOTHING CAME UP...IT WAS ALL FINE :) All my bloods were done and thyroid tested, everything is 100% perfect :)

They said the chest pains were either pulled muscle and anxiety, or my heart pounding sooooo hard that it was giving me the pains...and my heart rate was off the chart LOL. I was given 5mg Diazepam whilst i was there - (omg they r amazing for my anxiety/panic...lovely! lol!) I was treated wonderfully too. Im home now, all snuggled up in my pj's about to go to bed (still have all my sticky ECG tags all over me hahahhaha!!) Im just so happy that everything is ok, and i can now focus on my CBT sessions that started last week :) and hopefully get rid of this horrible anxiety disorder!!

And trust me everyone, my pains and palpitations were EXTREMELY baddddd!! The ambulance crew looked very concerned about me and took me to hosp without hesitation so u can imagine how bad i was!! I was also having all the classic panic attack symptoms (dizzy, blurred vision, tingly hands and feet, numbness in face, dots in vision, pain in neck and shoulders... etc etc etc) but i knew that wasnt linked coz i knew it was just coz i was hyperventilating. AND JUST TO ADD, U DO NOT ALWAYS KNOW WHEN YOUR ARE HYPERVENTILATING. I WAS TOLD THIS BY MY DOC AND ALMOST LAUGHED! I THOUGHT "OF COURSE U'D FEEL THAT U ARE OVERBREATHING!!" BUT NO, HE WAS RIGHT!! COZ MY MACHINE AT HOSP EARLIER SHOWED I WAS HYPERVENTILATING REALLY BADLY, BUT I FELT I WAS BREATHING NORMALLY!! SO IT JUST GOES TO SHOW U DONT HAVE TO FEEL THAT YOUR OVER-BREATHING TO GET THE PHYSICAL PANIC SYMPTOMS!!!

Ive accepted now, after numerous ECG's, Bloods, and a head CT Scan that I AM fine. Its all just ANXIETY AND WORRY ABOUT MY HEALTH - THATS IT. Just wanted to share with everyone, as im a hugely anxious person so try to think positive people ok :) xx

Crazyhayz :)

RichW
26-03-10, 02:37
Great to hear you're okay!

Well done on making it through smiling (although Diazapam will do that to you!)

Take care

Rich

TracyL
26-03-10, 05:00
Hi Crazyhayz

Thats fantastic news :yesyes:, so glad that you can finally find some peace now and know that all is fine.

Take care
Tracy

crazyhayz
26-03-10, 09:29
Thanks guys! Awake tody and feel amazing. Best ive felt in ages. Thanks again for your responses, I just feel so positive :) x

Crazyhayz

Earthworm
26-03-10, 11:38
How great to hear such a positive story and someone in a really good place - well done you and wishing you all the best for a panic free future .... go for it.