PDA

View Full Version : is this normal?

DagoGirl
14-01-06, 15:36
Ok I think the meds are starting to work because im definatly not waking up with such intense anxiety as I have been. However I still feel really strange - its like im still having all the same negative thoughts my body just isnt reacting to them the same way. Im feeling very detached but perhaps not as often. Im definatly having times where it "goes away" but when I do feel it - its awful. I keep having the terrible "what ifs" of......what if at any moment I just totaly freak out and lose it. or.....what if the meds are changing me too much and they are making me more depersonalized and they make me crazy. Is this a normal reaction to have when the meds start to work?

Yvonne
14-01-06, 19:11
Hi,

Yes, I think what you are feeling is perfectly normal. I havent actually been following your posts - how long have you been on the meds?

Ifg your body isn't reacting in anxiety to your thoughts then I think you are doing well. You say you feel detached - well I know that's part of anxiety anyway but quite normal when you haven't been on m eds long.

That feeling of "what if" - that was something I suffered really badly (and still do to a great degree) when I first went on a new med.

I think you always worry as well if the meds are going to actually make you feel worse - then you worry - you get all sorts of mixed thoughts. As the med begins to get into your system more you will stop worrying.

Anyway I hope you start to feel a lot better soon.

Take care
Yvonne

Y Goble

DagoGirl
14-01-06, 19:37
Hi Yvonne,
I started taken lustral or known as zoloft here in the states almost 30 days ago. The first week I was taking half of the lowest dose and then I went up to the lowest dose for a week and a half and about 9 days ago I started on the normal dose. Everyone around me is saying that I sound and look better but on the inside I feel or torn up and my mind is all over the place. As I said in an earlier post - one minute I feel good and positive and then next minute I feel terrible and negative. I just keep going back and forth so much. Did you go through that? Can you share what your symptoms are and what the meds did for you?