PDA

View Full Version : Anxious on behalf of someone else

happyone
26-03-10, 09:57
My friend has found a lump and I feel terribly anxious for her. I feel terrible cos I have badgered her into going to the doc to get it seen to and keeping on her case until she finally got an appt. The logic part of me knows that 7 out of 8 lumps are nothing serious and she is young. It is just that I have another friend, who is not as close as this one, who has recently had breast cancer and needed a double mastectomy, lymph nodes removed and chemotherapy. She still hasn't been given the all clear. I have also recently had a relative die from it. She was young, but not as young as my friend. I feel so frightened for my friend and my anxiety is sky high. I just want everything to be ok for her.

Happyone
xx

happyone
26-03-10, 19:10
Thanks for replies everyone.

Happyone

majdle
26-03-10, 20:46
Happyone, gooood that you made her see the doc. I had similar trouble with my Mom...and she was ok in the end. Most probably itīs nothing and even if it were something, thanks to you, they will get a chance to react. And maybe you just saved your friends life - as I said, itīs probably nothing at all, but she will learn that going to the doc doesnīt hurt and will start getting her breasts checked on a regular basis...the way it was with Mom. :-) I am keeping my fingers crossed.