PDA

View Full Version : Horrible virus

countrygirl
26-03-10, 11:58
My husband has been ill for 10 days with virus that gives you bad throat bad cough and terrible aches. He is now on the mend but coughing like a dog. He did get antibiotics as a precaution with his lungs but they didn't help at all so it was obviously all viral.

I started two days ago and went to Dr this morning to make sure my lungs were okay and he listened and said they were crystal clear - I have a sore chest when I cough and deep breathe and very bunged up with pains around eyes - temp 36.6 but as I am normally lower than this its us a bit for me but worst thing today is I ache horribly - legs arms neck and am now worrying its meningitis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dr said the change in weather has triggered this virus and its countrywide and people are going down like flies with it - he said some are getting chest infections but others get better on their own.

he gave me a presc for antibiotic but said don't get it unless you start to cough up nasty stuff and really can't breathe as the antibiotics are useless against the virus.

Anyone eles out there with it and please someone calm me down about my menigitis fears:blush:

gypsywomen
26-03-10, 12:50
had it not nice but it dosent lAST LONG LOVE YOU WILL BE OK

debs180
26-03-10, 13:03
hi countrygirl,
i have this virus at the moment, its nasty. my daughter had it last week, all exactly the same symptoms u have described. please dont worry it really is just a virus, and dont 4get everybody gets these virises slightly different. plenty of rest and fluids and less worrying and u will start to feel better, promise.

take care
debs xx

julieannboo
26-03-10, 13:08
last year or so there seem to been loads of virus's going about

countrygirl
26-03-10, 18:08
Can I ask all you who have had this virus if you ached alot - today my legs feet and even hands are aching horribly and I keep getting sharp stabbing pains in these places like someone sticking a knife in. My temp is still normal but I am feeling so exhausted as well. My lovely husband says he felt really ill for about a week with it and ached badly for about 2-3 days. Painkillers help the aching and pains but as soon as they wear off back they come.

Plus I sound like a large dog barking when I cough so embarrasing:blush:

debs180
26-03-10, 18:10
yeah im aching like you wouldnt believe with this virus/cold thing. i havent got the cough.....yet. but my daughter had it last week and was in tears with the aches and pains, also shes better now but is still coughing!!!

Debs xx