PDA

View Full Version : Friends and people to talk to

x_Shazza_x
26-03-10, 15:32
Hello my name is Sharon and I am 21. I have IBS, agoraphobia, panic disorder and anxiety disorder. I have hardly any friends other than my pets and my neighbour's cat (that sounds really pathetic I know). Most of the friends I did have stopped bothering with me once I became ill. I feel like a freak, and have been made to feel like one by a lot of people because of my health problems. I really would like to make friends and just be able to talk to people who know how hard it can be, and who won't judge.

:)

onceagain
26-03-10, 17:45
Hi Shazza

You are not a freak you are unwell and lets hope those that turned their backs never have to face the same thing..its a lot tougher than people realise.

Just wanted to tell you that even if you are surrounded by others it doesn't necessarily mean anything...if they don't understand they don't no matter whether they are there or not..and in fact things become even more complicated...lol

Anyways I just wanted to say that whilst a lot older than you if you do ever need to talk then just pm me and I will get back to you... and remember you are not on your own... you just haven't met those that are supposed to be part of your life yet.. x

PoppyC
26-03-10, 20:00
Hi
You are not alone in how you feel and you are definitely not a freak!
If your friends don't stand by you when you are not well, then in my opinion they are not fit to be classed as friends.
Judging by a lot of posts that I have read about people with anxiety and the rest, there are a lot who have mentioned not having friends.

I suppose it is better to have friends to turn to at times,(personally I prefer animals to friends!) but it is down to the individual whether they want them or not. Some people are happy keeping themselves to themselves and others need a lot of friends.
You are still young and have years in front of you to meet new people and form friendships.
I am sure you will find plenty of people to get to know on here :hugs:

Zee
26-03-10, 20:43
Hello Shazza

Im also quite a lot older than you, but I was raised with anxiety,agrophobia and panic disorder around me so I do understand..
Im sure you will make friends on here but feel free to pm me if you want to:)

staypositive
30-03-10, 17:58
You can feel free to email me if you'd like someone to talk to, I'm 22 and suffer from panic attacks, GAD and social phobia. Not forgetting the depression either :)

Hope you are well

Danny

oneofus
30-03-10, 18:04
Welcome on board, we appear to have a special offer on this week; claim to have no friends and get lots more free :hugs:There are lots of us around and we're very friendly.

Mind you I can only speak for one of us

one of us

x_Shazza_x
03-04-10, 11:57
Thank you all for the lovely messages :) It is reassuring to know other people are in the same situation

shyoldguy
11-04-10, 14:13
Hello,

You come to the right place. I've only just joined and everyone has been really supportive. I'm probably a bit too old be a pen pal but if you want to start a post about IBS I'm sure lots people can help you. I had IBS too at your age and I've now got it under control.

Hope things turn around for you soon,

Shyoldguy

Shyoldguy

x_Shazza_x
03-06-10, 12:56
Thanks for the replies :) It's really meant a lot to me :D

loveletter
03-06-10, 13:42
Must be so hard for you love to be so very young and suffer from this.

I am 47 and on my own so very much as my husband died 3 years ago and often feel sorry for myself that I am lonely such a lot of the time but it must be so much worse for you being so young.

sarah jayne
03-06-10, 15:01
Hi i know how you feel. Im 29 and suffer from anxiety, fibromyalgia, stomach problems and allsorts. Honestly i feel like im 100. I dont have any true friends left, im not up to socializing much to be honest as i always feel ill. If you ever need a chat then pm me.
Sarah x

x_Shazza_x
13-07-10, 16:06
Thank you for your replies. I am sorry to hear of your loss loveletter *hug* it is very hard to stay positive when you feel alone.

Kipepeo Girl
14-07-10, 22:04
Hi Sharon. I'm 22 and in a very similar boat to you. I have IBS, agoraphobia, social anxiety/phobia and just anxiety/panic in general.
I also have no friends, though that was through my own fault really. I kind of pushed then away because I was too embarrassed that I'd have a panic attack in front of them.