PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help?

cat_101
26-03-10, 18:09
hi everyone, was wondering if anyone has had cognitive behavioural therapy to help with health anxiety i ve been told it really helps but wanted to get a second opinion as its quite expensive and dont want to waste money i dont really have on a pointless exercise, if anyone has found it does help i m willling to give it a go, i ve been suffering from anxiety for about a year and its getting worse, the physical symptoms im experiencing are getting too much to cope with its effecting my everyday life and i am trully fed up! im quite anti medication so trying to solve it naturally please help if anyone has any information. thanx

xlouloux
26-03-10, 19:10
hello there. i have had cognitive behaviour therapy. however i was referred by my doctor and did not have to pay for it. i was wondering if you had gone down this route at all. it did help me a lot to understand my health anxiety and symptoms. i was very anti medication and was so reluctant to take them. but i got to a point where i felt there was no other option. i used a mix of meds and cognitive therapy and now i am feeling much better and am able to cope with every day issues much better. dont get me wrong it doesnt work for everyone but i would definately say its worth a go. i hope you feel better soon.

louise

Acidomoduso
27-03-10, 01:59
Good luck! I'll be starting CBT in April for Health Anxiety. Just as xlouloux did, I got my appointment from a doctor referral so will not be paying. I'm hoping it will stop my irrational thoughts regarding HA.

Thumbelina
27-03-10, 07:35
Hi everyone,

I honestly believe that CBT, talking therapy and a good councelor is the first thing anybody with the psychological issues should be getting for treatment.

I was staffed with the tablets froom the first ER visit, and offerred CBT only after I ASKED for it almost 2 years down the road, when so much time was wasted.

Where I am now, it is free if you choose - and you can pay if you go private. You just have to be lucky to get a good therapist.

I do not believe you can do any damage with CBT, so please do not hesistate. Out anxieties are much unresolved issues inside and the sooner you let them to come - the better for you.

Good luck

cat_101
27-03-10, 17:15
thanx for all the messages of encouragment, i ll definately give it a go, i did ask the doctors about it but they said there is a huge waiting list and i would be better off organising it myself. I will call someone on monday, i was in the pub last night and i sat through a panic attack trying to make it unobvious as i didnt want to ruin everyones evening but in the end i had to leave dragging my boyfriend with me (which he wasnt happy about) as soon as i got home felt much better and wished i hadnt have left but whilst i was in the pub i thought someone was going to have to call for an ambulance i felt horrible, this has never happened in a social situation, how rubbish!