PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks at night AHHHH

PanicJay
13-02-04, 05:41
when im getting ready to go to sleep i lay down and i always think about stuff like what if i die or something in my sleep it kills me i cant sleep and the medicine im on makes me real tiered Paxile cr 25 mgs i just started having panic attacks about 2 weeks ago and when i do its ussaly at night i jump up thinking im dieing heart racing dizzy i experiance something i looked up as depersonalization were u fell like ur not in ur own body its odd i have lots of cold sweats and its crazy i just want to see what everyone eles experiances so post ur comments here about this subject

diana
13-02-04, 14:45
Hiya PanicJay,

The night panic is all so very common. I too have night panic. It is terrible, because we all know we need sleep, and this panic stops us from getting the sleep we need, hence causing more panic. it`s just a vicious cycle is`nt it? I think I hate that the most, the night panic. Although no time is a "GOOD" time for a PA. The depersonalization is also a part of anxiety/panic disorder. Unfortunately one of those uncomfortable symptoms we have to deal with, amongst the many other ones :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So again on this one you are not alone either. As you read other posts you will be astounded as to how many folks actually feel and think the same things you do, it is kind of therapeutic in the way of knowing you are not mad. That this disorder does exist and "UNFORTUNATELY" there are many of us out here, It is not secluded to any one race or country it is an international disorder so there is no predjudice at all. I know atleast one other person that lived in Central America when hers started, and she is here in the US now, but interesting none the less. So try to remember you are "NoT" going to die, well atleast not from anxiety/panic symptoms, and know they will pass, and go to the coping page on this forum and I am sure you will find something there that will catch your eye. So try one or try all of the coping techniques till you find something that works for you. Post to let us know if you found anything useful,also to let us know how you are doing.

Take care,

Good Luck

Diana xxxx