PDA

View Full Version : Spaced out, light headed ... anyone had this?!

fairyclairy
26-03-10, 20:51
Hi,
Iv been having this symptom for the past few weeks now.. i feel spaced out/light headed/dizzy ... just weird!
Cant really explain it, whenever im talking to someone, i feel like im not really there!
When im sat or stood.. i feel like the worlds just tipped to the side!
Its so strange, and soo scary (especially at work)
Just cant concentrate on anything else.. i keep telling myself its just anxiety but it just doesnt go away.
I also have weird vision at times.. blurry and my eyes feel tensed!
Sorry for sounding abit dramatic but its just really freaking me out out!
Has anyone else had this? Im worried i could be really unwell..
xx

majdle
26-03-10, 20:55
All that youŽre describing can be a part of you HA. If I were you, IŽd go see someone, just to put your heart at ease. But donŽt worry, this sounds like anx to me. Been there before...

missknowitall
26-03-10, 21:22
Wow i am exactly the samee word for word.

Your not alone.

salimali
26-03-10, 21:40
I get so lightheaded its unbelivable. When im busy, I dont notice it as much, but when I sit down, wham, it hits me. Try not to worry hun, as im sure it is anxiety and nothing else. I know it dosent help as I still feel worried everytime I get lightheaded. Its hard sending u a :hugs:

trev1234
26-03-10, 21:56
yep most of the time...!!! dont stress to much !!

Thumbelina
27-03-10, 04:58
Hi Fairyclaire,

I think that what you experiencing is depersonalisation which is the result of excess anxiety.

Its like to be in the situation but to fell like you are not there.

When anxiety wll be going away - you will stop feeling this way.

fairyclairy
28-03-10, 20:04
Thankyou guys for your comments and support :)
I try to tell myself its anxiety everyday but dont think i quite believe it, hense why its still there! lol
Just another thing to cope with i suppose...
Keep it up everyone, atleast we're not alone on this one x

RichW
28-03-10, 22:28
Hi

As Thumbalina pointed out, this is most likely depersonalization and is the scariest symptom of anxiety. One which my doc doesn't really seem to know much about or appreciate. I have been suffering for some weeks now with DP, which I think has been made to feel worse since starting with Citalopram 25 days ago - I think (and hope) however this is just because my body and brain is trying to adjust to this medication. I've suffered DP before but always after suffering a Panic attack first. Sometimes it goes away the next day, I have however had it for about 3 or 4 months before when suffering from SAD.

Good luck, take care and be sure you are not alone.

Rich

shanlynn1012
28-03-10, 22:32
I have had this for months on end, got passed it. New anxiety in my life and legs started burning and now BAM the DP i back I hate it but that is what u have. It sucks. Let shope it passes soon.

missnorton
29-03-10, 00:28
Hello I am new on here, but Yep, this is depersonalisation. There is an interesting article on it on Wikipedia. I have it at work and when speaking to people I need to act 'normal' around. I have panic attacks and palpitations, and usually feel dizzy. I get pins and needles in flashes through my body out to the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. I don't want to take SSRIs but hate the feeling that I'm gonna feint, and/or die. So stressful. I'm seeing a new doctor on Tuesday and really want to help myself. I find Diazepam helps, but only take it very occasionally, propanolol makes me wheeze and worry more about my health! Anybody else feel the same? What helped?

shanlynn1012
29-03-10, 00:43
This started for me after the birth of my son it became constant I swore somehting was worng with me. I over came it on a lowwww dose of Zoloft, working out and accepting it. HOWEVER i have new stresses and it has been coming back. At least I know what it is. Hope I can pass it. Makes me feel crazy!

RichW
29-03-10, 22:10
Makes me feel crazy!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm constantly doing "reality checks". Ah well, another day of insanity :wacko:. At least the sun is shining.

Cheers

Rich

Betsie
29-03-10, 22:50
I feel like that most of the time! It's almost become a part of my life and I know it's down to anxiety. It's because we're so tense and not breathing properly - bit like a constant lack of oxygen! Read the symptoms page on here - you'll be amazed at all the symptoms anxiety can cause, including affecting your vision. If you've only had this for a while and this is the first time, try learning to breathe in a relaxed way and relax. If you can't get over it on my own then you may need some help. I've recently gone back on citalopram for the second time and I think it helps me. But just knowing and understanding what's going on and trying not to worry about may help. Good Luck!

Ella_Jayne
29-03-10, 23:00
I feel like this almost all the time. I can be out shopping and then it comes on all of a sudden. I'll look around and feel as if I'm in a dream. It sounds stupid but I've actually pinched myself before just to make sure. LOL!

It's probably one of the worst symptoms of HA, I've been told that Depersonalisation/Derealization can only exist when anxiety is present so once you get your anxiety sorted the DP will go away. Hope you feel better soon. Remember you're not alone, and we all know how hard it is to cope with. x :)

shanlynn1012
30-03-10, 00:14
Oh God it is sooo the worst at stores. Used to happen all the time but usually happend at the store ecspecially with two crazy kids. Least we are not alone.

PanicIssues
27-06-16, 12:11
For anyone who happens to read this, I had depersonalization for around 6 months. That doesn't mean to say you're will last at all this long, but the main thing is that it does go away! You aren't stuck with it forever. The things that helped me at the worst times was to read/listen to music. Reading gave me something to concentrate on whereas T.V was just a little too much for me, too much movement perhaps? and if it was that bad I couldn't read then just laying on the sofa/bed listening to calm happy music. The worst thing is to think about it which sounds irritating as how can you not think about it? Your body is putting you in this state because your anxiety has gotten too much. This is why - as horrible as it sounds - you need to realize that it can't go away in an instant and you will have to ride it out. This is also the time to be completely and utterly selfish. Don't do anything you don't want to do. Make sure you have at least half hour a day if not more to truly relax (take a bath, sit outside , however you do) it gets less and less each day, and for me I didn't even realize it was gone until two or three weeks later! Once you've got rid of it, that doesn't mean in the future It wont come back, but it'll be so much easier because you know there is light at the end of the tunnel now, and you know it will go, so it goes a lot faster. I hope any of this helps and I'm here to message if you need someone.

ElleNicole
05-07-16, 02:14
Does certain light make it worse? This describes how I have been feeling exactly. When I'm at work with the florescent lights it gets worse.