PDA

View Full Version : Feel so ill nad so frightened

countrygirl
26-03-10, 21:43
posted that I had a horrible virus and had started to ache all over and terrible cough. Well this evening I am shaking and shivering and the pain all over is unbelievable - ache with sharp stabbing almost anywhere and my heart is racing ab out 90-95bpm all the time. My temp is only slightly up.

My husband who had this past 10 days is tellimg me to stop worrying take painkillers for the flu ache and of course my pulse will be up if my body is fighting a virus. Trouble is he is very stoical and although itw as obvious he was feeling very ill when he had it he said very little and took painkillers so I of course am thinking that I am much much worse that he was.

I am going through all the things in my head that might happen like the virus will go to my heart and I will need a transplant! or to my brain - I did ask my husband to get help if I go delirious - I don't want to keep on to him as he will lose patence with me.

I practically had to crawl to the computer and I have 3 jumpers on and shivering legs like jelly but feel hot to touch.

HOpe you all undestand how I am feeling panic wise.

My Gp gave me a presc for antibiotics in case my cough got worse but one part of me says take them anyway in case the shivers etc are from a bacterial infection and not a virus but other hand they will upset my stomach give me thrush and I probably don't need them anyway argggggg

DEBBZ
26-03-10, 21:49
dont panic ,, i get like that you have caught what your husband had thats all ,, its a flu type cold
you will be fine ,, i get so im like a nervous wreck and act like a child then my hubby lose patence with me to
get your self off to bed and keep warm with lots to drink ,,

Jo3016
26-03-10, 21:49
Hi. I have the same as you. I am 10 days into it now and am on asthma inhalers, antibiotics and now something for oral thrush which I have got taking all the other stuff.

My heart rate has been up too, partly to do with being anxious about being ill and partly to do with taking ventolin and too many decongestants!!

Hope you are feeling better soon xx

countrygirl
26-03-10, 21:51
Thanks both for replying - so helpful. Will stagger off to bed and pray I feel a bit better in the morning - major freak out if I dont!

DEBBZ
26-03-10, 21:56
best thing you can do love and just try and keep saying i have a bug thats all ,, i no its hard as i would be the same well i would be ringing all my friends asking them if they have ever felt so bad he he
but we all get bugs and flu but im such a baby and its always more with me last week i had a nasty case of sinus infection and was on antibiotics and inhalers but i was convinced i had pnemonia and pleurasy but guess what i never im getting lots better now but boy i was awful last week ,, its just the anxiety making you feel horrible on top , you go and get some rest xxx debbie :bighug1:

countrygirl
27-03-10, 11:40
Thanks Debz - last night was horrible as I went from shivery and terrible aches and pains to red hot and my temp shot up to 101 which freaked me totally. Had a very hot night and today if I so much as walk across the room I come out in a very hot sweat. At moment temp is normal but I have a feeling that it might shoot up again later today as my husband said he got worse as day went on. At moment the aches and terrible shooting pains are not as bad as yesterday but still there and I have no appetite whatsoever which is not me:)
Husband gone to get my presc for antibiotics so will take them in case they help but probably wont if its a flu virus.
My hearbeat is still a bit fast but not quite as bad as yesterday
I so hate any flu thing as it really freaks me thinking it must be all kinds of other things because of the temperature and hot and cold sweats.

Cell block H fan
27-03-10, 12:28
Nurofen is what you need. Those are what I take for the ache and pain viruses, takes about an hour to kick in, then I get about 3 hours relief before having to take 2 more & it goes on like that until the virus has passed.
I'm amazed your doc gave you antibiotics 'in case' its an infection though :o\

Hope you're on the mend soon xxxx

countrygirl
27-03-10, 13:04
Dr gave the antibiotics becasue he was seeing alot of people who had had this virus and had bad chest infections so he said he hoped the tablets would stop chest infections. My husband took his - he did feel quite a bit better after about 3 days of them so who knows if they helped???