PDA

View Full Version : A way to zap anxiety and more ...

Antipodes
27-03-10, 01:33
Hello, I was prompted to create this post by a peer member because I tried a technique that profoundly improved my life and "zapped" my anxiety problem. Before I learned this, I was acute and taking several Oxazepam each day (plus other meds) prior to learning this technique.

The method might at face value be perceived as esoteric but I assure you there is no downside .. no imagery, no religion, no humming or mantras, no obligations or pressure to join an organisation and no brain washing. It's just pure passing on of knowledge / philosophy and very simple techniques known for many centuries that are taught by people who have learned how to do this and offer their time, without reward, for altruistic reasons i.e. they can help others. People that learn this technique are not pressured (nor asked even) by anyone to have any future association with them. Some people (like me) just feel a need to tell others there are ways of dealing with anxiety, depression etc. other than taking medications to mask the root cause of the problem. The root cause can be resolved "at source" (within mind-body) for _ many_ people, if not all.

I have no idea why Clinical Studies have not been done (and it would be a good thesis for a PhD candidate) but I would expect serious study would contribute positively to the sum of human knowledge and understanding.

If there was such a thing as a Handbook on how to nurture and maintain a human being this would be one of the chapter categories. If I were charismatic or a celebrity, I would be shouting from the tallest rooftop. Alas, I am but a regular person that is motivated to attempt to spread the word so people can choose to "learn to fish and then feed themselves for the rest of their lives" or not (and continue enduring the symptoms). This technique once learned can liberate people from guilt and misery caused by "significant life-events" that have happened and adversely affected their lives thereafter.

I have told eleven of my anxiety/PTSD peers about this. Eight gave it no further thought (I guess thinking it it to be insufficient to inquire further or learn it). But three did and these three friends are now liberated from their misery and probably experiencing the "falling on deaf ears" I experience.

This technique is not aimed at as a cure per se. It is simply ancient knowldege perpetuated over many centuries that permits any human being to live life, unburdened (or with less misery) from their daily "grind" of existence in adversity.

The cost is not an issue. If you have no money it is free, if you can afford "x" (units of currency) then you are encouraged to voluntarily donate "x". If you are able to donate more because you are able and want to, then "y" (units of currency) is the cost.

The time commitment is learning. Thereafter it is a matter only of maintaining/practicing for 30~60 minutes, once (or twice) daily or as you are motivated, as often and for as long as you care to.

If you are interested in finding out more, follow this link : http://www.dhamma.org/ and navigate to "your part of the world". You can also find the it yourself by "internet search engine" and use the key word "Vipassana".

My sincere hope is at least one person reads this and follows it up - now or at any time in the future. I can only show you "how to make a fishing rod and cast it into water" - the rest is totally up to you. I wish you well.

eeyorelover
28-03-10, 04:34
Thanks for posting this Jeff!
I will definitely be checking into this!
xxx
Sandy