PDA

View Full Version : This can't just be anxiety can it?

j2
27-03-10, 01:58
It started with just a few random pains in my finger and toe tips 8 months ago. Over time it has evolved into pain in most of my joints, especially in my hands and feet. Both of my shoulders and elbows hurt too. I am also having all kinds of pains in my forearms, calves, hamstrings and random other pains. I have also been having prolonged periods of racing heart and skipping heart beats. I have had some numbness in my fingers and patches of cold or burning sensations on my skin. I will get one hand that is cold but not the other. I am VERY worried that this is some kind of tumor or neuro disease. I also fear rheumatoid arthritis. I don't think I am having any weakness but I don't know. I can't think of anything else. From the moment I wake up to the moment I sort of fall of sleep (not sleeping well either). I need someone to talk to me, help me get this out of my mind. For what it is worth. I am a 38 yr old male in decent shape. I haven't been losing weight and I had a physical about 6 months ago that included blood work and a colonoscopy. Nothing was found. I am at my wits end. This is really impacting my life and I find no more joy in anything. Please someone, anyone help me get off this cycle.

Acidomoduso
27-03-10, 02:05
Yes! Yes, it really can be anxiety. I get a lot of similar symptoms to you including the numbness in the fingers (found out it was my stiff back muscles causing the nerves to be pinched - and those nerves were feeding directly to my little and ring fingers). My physio also told me that sleep deprivation (such as us HA sufferers get) can cause our bodies to become hyper sensitive to pain and also exaggerate symptoms. Once you start getting some rest you will probably see a marked change in your symptoms. Oh and i'm a 39 year old male so we're very similar in that respect, too.

Hope that helps you, j2.

j2
27-03-10, 02:10
Thanks for the response. I just can't get this feeling out of my head that this is the worst case scenario. Do you ever get the joint pain too? BTW. I love the signature. You have no idea how much your input helps.