PDA

View Full Version : Hello my name is Emilia

Emilia
27-03-10, 15:39
Hello
my name is Emilia, I am 23 years old. I live in a tiny apartment next to a place called swan-lake square (I am from sweden so english is not my first language...have mercy over my spelling).
For the last four years I have thought of nothing but anxiety, on the surface everything has appeared fairly normal but in my head I had no prospects for the future, no wishes to make friends, no self esteem, just a deep hatred for myself. About a year ago I couldn't take it anymore and got help, it has been difficult and it is taking longer than I thought, I feel proud of myself for asking for help but I am also so ashamed that I ever let myself believe I was sick and that I did not deserve to be happy, I feel like a coward for hiding behind an imaginary illness.
I am tired of thinking about anxiety all the time, I don't want it anymore - it doesn't deserve any attention or place in my thoughts - I just want to forget. I sometimes wonder if it made me who I am now, but I know that I am stronger than that. I just want it out of my life for good, I want to leave it behind and never look back.
I just want to live my life, and be happy.
Do you think that one can ever be free from anxiety disorder?
/emilia

nomorepanic
27-03-10, 15:42
Hi Emilia

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
27-03-10, 15:43
Hi , just wanted to welcome you to NMP, you will find it helpful and supportive here :welcome: Paige x

lynn1960
27-03-10, 17:07
ont think you are ever free but you learn to live with it and it gets less and less

nervy-paul
27-03-10, 17:14
Hi Emilia,
Anxiety is a tiring and depressing condition. I would tend to agree you are never completely free of it, but their are many tools to help you to cope with it and make it easier to live with, so that it doesn't dominate your daily life.

Also, welcome to the forum, I hope you find it a help and you enjoy it. :)