PDA

View Full Version : my cough

cthechick84
27-03-10, 22:27
hey guys
ive had a cough now for over a month it started off frm a normal cold and was a dry tickly cough and now it is a clear phlemy cough an happens wen i lie down flat at bedtimes an in the morning cant seem to cough all the phlem up thats at the back of my throat theres loads an it tastes horrible im drinkin plenty but cnt get rid of cough foguth the cold i had was cumin bk as ive had runny nose again but my nose is running but doesnt seem like a cold ...what is this? is it sinunes,post nasal drip? or sumthnk doesnt seem like antoha cold,but anyway my cough is gettin on my nerves becos the phlem is the worse part and i am also getting the lump in my throat feeling maybe its frm reflux? as i do suffer an also feel i struggle cathcing my breath and taking deep breaths allday long which my doc says is frm anxiety,but im jus not sure im combinning the breathing issues with cough and thinking allsorts gona mention it again to the doctor becos its gone on for along time and worrying me as i dnt usualy get coughs but this one wnt go!any suggestions to whats causing this? dnt wana freak out about it trying to think postive but coughs shudnt last this long.sorry to go on and thanks for reading xxxx:wacko:

smpomeroy
27-03-10, 23:17
hey there

I got a nasty cough bug last summer combined with sinusitis - it lasted for several months with me having to take 6 weeks off work coz i was so rough - it even gaven me bladder weakness. Sometimes coughs are just evil and hang on and on but it doesnt mean you have anything serious. I had chest xrays and was given an asthma pump and everything but it just went away on its own. often you get so much muck in your sinuses that it can take forever to clear - Ihad 4 courses of antibiotics and loads of blood tests to check for viruses but it was all clear, the doc put me on stomach medicine because he said alot of coughs could be caused by reflux so dont discount that.

If you are worried then ask to the doc to refer you for a chest xray just to put your mind at rest.

hope you feel better soon.

suz

cthechick84
27-03-10, 23:34
Thanks suz yes ill ask doc and ask for an anti biotic which i havent been prescribed think i do need one becos my sis had a terrible cold an cough same time as me an she needed an anti biotic jus to get rid of it .im thinkin its reflux as im meant to take omprezole tabs for reflux but havent tuk them in a while now .my dad and father in law have both had coughs lately which theyve been told is reflux and r both having chest x rays but ithink a dose of anti bitotics will help me we will c .anyway thanks for reply means alot .take care luv c.x

smpomeroy
27-03-10, 23:37
you are welcome I just know how vile it was for me being stuck in all summer coughing and pulling chest muscles, for someone like me with with HA it was like red rag to a bull...

let me know how you go

:D