PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks getting worse

Stars
28-03-10, 09:39
hello im new here:blush:

ive been getting my panic attacks a lot worse lately and ive been getting upset and crying whilst i have one as i feel like someone is trying to stop me from breathing and pulling my chest in everytime i breath and i feel like im going to faint. i dont know if anyone has any ideas about how to deal with them whilst they are having one like distractions or techquiches.

S x

Maj
28-03-10, 09:47
Hello Stars,
Sorry you are feeling so anxious. The breathing thing is not your lungs it's your chest muscles tensing up and always remember that you will always get enough breath, so don't despair. Concentrated slow breathing, from your tummy, definitely helps distract you from getting more panicky. The thing about panic is that is comes from being afraid of it. The more afraid you are then the more anxious you will get. It won't do you any real harm. Have you read Claire Weekes books? She describes all the symptoms exactly and why they happen. You can get through this and you are not alone.
Myra x

Stars
28-03-10, 09:53
hello myra,

i will have a look at the book thanks for that :) i have only been getting them worse lately and they really scare and worry me and yer i do do what you said when i worry i get more panicky. i just want people to go away and leave me alone when i have one but i know i really shouldnt do it i just worry about what people may think of me.

i am 16, how old are you

S x

Maj
28-03-10, 10:06
I have a son the same age as you! You are so young but will be able to get through this with the right help. Something is obviously making you feel anxious, but try not to be afraid of the feelings, no matter how unpleasant they are. They will pass when you feel calmer. Look after yourself and do lots of things you enjoy doing. Don't let these feelings stop you living your life, because they don't deserve the importance:hugs:
Myra x

Thumbelina
28-03-10, 10:10
Hi Stars,

I also want evertybody to leave me alone when this hppens to me, but it is very hard as i have a husband who is not very understanding with my anxiety and 2 little lovely kids who know when i am not feeling well and get scared. So it is really very hard to be alone when i need to which makes my attacks even worse.

You are definately not alone with your severe attacks.
But remember it is just like a circle - you are scared of them and they come -they come and you are scared that the next will come. So break this cycle yourself, and it will not be so scary anymore.

Fear is a bluff - its N O T H I N G.
Its only thoughts.

Stars
28-03-10, 10:19
aww thanks :) that hug was really needed, i feel like im one of the youngest on here and i really do feel a bit out of place. i have OCD and an eating disorder as well. how do you deal with your panic attacks

S x

KK77
28-03-10, 14:53
Age isn't important here Stars - we try to treat everyone equally. I don't know the age of most people here and I don't think it's that important because panic and anxiety can affect anyone at any age. No one is out of place here so don't worry - we're here to try to help each other overcome our problems. :)