PDA

View Full Version : beta blockers slowing heart too much

cthechick84
28-03-10, 21:01
need some advice anyone on beta blockers? ive been takin bisoprolol 2.5mg for 4wks now and its been lowering my heart rate gradualy but so much its been like 59,54 when im calm....and its made me really worried so ive stopped taking thm no pleasing me as i didtn like fast heart an now its slower i hate that too i keep dashin about to put it bk up silly i knw jus so worried i knw they lower the heart rate but like this ,is it ok?... ive stopped them tody an seems like there wearing off when i was busy hanging the washing out earlier it was 80 which was good that it goes up but cant help being frightened .any experiences to share or anythnk about slower heart rates before i worry myself sick... thanks for listening to me going on cheers xx

Dollie
29-03-10, 00:50
Hi there,

I take propranolol and they slow the heart rate. I'm sure that if the doc gave them he or she would be aware of how low the rate can go and feel 59 is not that bad. why not pop along to the doc or ring them just to check and put your mind at rest but am sure you will be ok. Mine has been 59 before now but is usually around 65 now.

Just give the doc a ring and i'm sure you will be fine x:hugs:

Ronny
29-03-10, 01:24
Hi Dollie
I am also on beta blockers,and my heart rate is around the low 50's my doctor said that is ok and nothing to worry about.I used to be scared but now i am ok with it,try not to worry all is good.:)

cthechick84
29-03-10, 01:33
aww ronny thanks ui dnt no how much this means to me for u to reply thanks i can sleep beta now its creeping up 60s now and wen im doing stuff it went to 80s today so it does go high jus wen im sat doing nothing it was even 54 omg cudnt belive it ,ive stopped takin them as frm yesterday so i guess itll shoot up once its out my system but was concerned thanks very much i knw thats there job but werent sure what they class as slow...as sum say lower than 60 and in the leaflet they say lower than 50 best wishes c.x