PDA

View Full Version : horrid ectopics again!!!

lin
15-01-06, 12:49
Hi All

I had those horrid ectopics last night i was just watching tv and wollop there they were they lasted for at least an hour and it frightened me. I do get them some days but last night it wasn't nice. I had to get up and do something to get rid of it.

I'm not anxious or panicky in fact i was quite calm just watching tv so why did this happen.

linda x

Axelb9
15-01-06, 13:31
These things do not have much to do with how you think you feel on the surface. In fact I am convinced that if you were more anxious or actually were revved up about something in particular than there was less chance for the ectopics to happen. This is just my 2 cents though ... my own experience.

I get more funny chest feelings, ectopics, funny elevator kinda feelings and the rest when I am actively relaxing. One explanation can be that you are simply more aware of them when relaxing, another that maybe your nervous system is discharging the daily tension while you relax or who knows. I always get PVCs for example when in a lying position usually when I am relaxing.

And one last thing - I am pretty convinced again that you can get ectopics from good things - memories - positive excitement - as well. Maybe the programme you watched hit some emotional trigger on the subconscious level in the amygdala and that is what catapulted the ectopics. Such as in 'My heart jumped when I have seen her'.

When I am doing my relaxation - usually in a lying position the usual process is similar to an airplane taking off. Some calm then the jumpy stuff starts and lasts for some time just like when the plane is going through thecloud layer and then finally some calmer period again with little jumps here and there. On the other hand when doing my normal daily routine I hardly ever notice any ectopics.

I do not know whether I helped you - hope so. Just wanted to point out that ectopics happen to me as well - and found it puzzling too - when I think that I am relaxed. And they do happen when I do not think they happen at all - my Holter 24hr test shown 110 PVCs and PACs a day and I did not feel a single one of them.

Take care,

Alex

Piglet
16-01-06, 09:33
Lin they just do love.

I agree its not always how we are feeling on the surface that is the indicator.

My very first symptom of anxiety was heart fluttering years ago before I realised just how stressed I had become.

I have had some little episodes here and there since before Xmas again so I fully sympathise.

Big hug xx

Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.