PDA

View Full Version : A sick bug going around?

phil06
28-03-10, 21:40
My sister caught a bug a few days back and was in bed feeling sick ect..now my mums caught it.

Anybody else get one of these? I had a bit of a sore stomach so I'm scared incase I get it?? :ohmy:

Mondie
28-03-10, 22:05
yeah it's going around my work at the minute, hoping I don't get it as I get married in less than 2 weeks. Just practice good hand hygiene and hopefully you won't catch it x

trev1234
28-03-10, 23:05
dont panic it doesnt really last too long...get some fluids ready and some toilet roll ready...lol...sure you will be fine...

Emira7
29-03-10, 08:47
The sick bug is everywhere at the moment, I work at a docs surgery and we have so many sick people coming in, plus we have all had it.

as trev said, lots of fluids, hand washing etc...

Good luck
xx

countrygirl
29-03-10, 14:36
Yep its going round northern england as well - my friend rang me with a horrible but funny story of herself and two children all in in one and only bathroom - won't go into disgusting detail here!!

As usual the stomach bug is going round with a nasty flu/cough bug so if you don't get one you get the other and goodness knows how awful it would be to get both at same time:scared15:

Myself, my husband and close friend and daighter in law have all got the flu/cough virus and its evil and long lasting.

Wolfie
29-03-10, 15:04
There is definately a bug going round.

Luckily, we haven't gotten it just yet, but the family all seem to have come down with coughs and colds, they pretty much still have the cough/cold thing after 3 weeks of having it - hope it goes soon.

phil06
29-03-10, 16:09
What else can I do? I am regular cleaning which is good makes me glad I have OCD.

The symptoms I've heard is:

Weight loss
Diarrhea
Sickness
Cold/chills
Lousy feeling

I am feeling kind of ok at the moment taking these steps to keep away..both my mum and dad have it and I'm in the same house. So I have been putting paper across my face when walking around, now resorting to using my own towels, cleaning the toilet each time, my own toilet rolls. Windows all kept open.

I'm hoping it's not swine flu or something so I'm keeping safe. Just hope I can continue to post online.

phil06
31-03-10, 13:15
72 hours and holding off. Family still have the bug and I've been avoiding them.

Getting a racing heart, fear of dying and passing out. Feel slightly weak and tired just hope it's anxiety. :blush: