PDA

View Full Version : I HATE THE INTERNET

PanicJay
13-02-04, 05:55
lots of times i go online and i read up on stuff and it makes me have a P/A like ill read symptoms about stuf and ill fell them im very new to panic attacks like this it is the most horible thing if i think about nething ill have a panic attack its ussaly all about my head i ussaly dont have like things with heartattacks i used to when i was younger and and if i look up something on line like Dissociative Idenity Dissorder is something i thot i had but i dont know AHHH i need help ugh lol im a mess just post ur comments about ur fellings on what im saying lol very tiered

Lilith
13-02-04, 13:31
I joined a panic attack email list a while ago, and found that I could not participate. Just reading the posts caused my heart to race and made it hard for me to breathe. I found this forum a little later but it did not affect me in the same way. I'm not sure why. Maybe my panic problem had improved somewhat. Maybe the different format gives me more of a feeling of control. I really can't say.

I'm not sure if this was helpful to you in any way, except to let you know that you're not alone in your reaction. :)

diana
13-02-04, 14:22
Hiya PanicJay,

Welcome aboard, so glad you found this forum. No need to worry, what you are feeling is what we all have gone through at one time or another. I know how you feel, I too have feelings of PA`s creeping up on me with certain things I read, watch or hear. So you are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!! There are plenty of us here and still out there that have`nt found this forum. We are the lucky one`s for having found this place. I know it is kind of hard to sort things out at first, but no worries you will get plenty of support and learn new coping skills here to make life bearable whilst trying to make a full recovery. Which is what we are all working toward, and knowing we have fellow "sufferers" that share our feelings and thoughts, and are all supporting each other makes that dream seem a little more attainable. We all have different symptoms of this disorder, but rest assure they are only that, symptoms. That with a little education and some control we can lessen their affects on us. I wish you luck on your journey to recovery. Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

uryjm
14-02-04, 09:26
Hi PanicJay. Yup, a little learning can be a dangerous thing. It's like picking up the medical encyclopedia and finding 326 diseases that you MIGHT have experienced symptoms of. Who hasn't picked one up, looked at "Headaches" and thought, "Maybe I have a brain tumour" after thirty seconds of reading? But learning about the affliction and how it affects you is a great way to start tackling it, and after reading the full section on "Headaches" you'll realise you don't have a brain tumour at all. So keep learning about anxiety and yourself, it will definately help you in the long run.

Jim

nomorepanic
14-02-04, 17:09
Hi Jay

They usually say that reading is great for the mind and brain but sometimes it can be bad for your health cos as you say you can read too much.

I still check out the side-effects of any drugs that I need to take but I have stopped looking up symptoms. The last time I did that I ended up with all sorts of medical conditions!!

Come here and search for your symptoms and you will probably find that loads of people have had them too and they were never serious.

Nicola

Rennie1989
14-02-04, 17:13
I dont mean to frightenb any one

can ya get a heart attack from a panic attack

jade

benoo5
14-02-04, 17:27
no jayde...bryan.

Rennie1989
14-02-04, 17:28
cheers bryan