PDA

View Full Version : THE POSITIVES OF HAVING PANIC

mirry
15-01-06, 14:47
You know I been thinking about the positive side of having panic attacks..............yes belive me, there are some!

1) Ive learnt to cut my own fringe (to avoid hairdressers) saving £s.

2) I no longer go on planes saving the ozone.

3) I no longer shop in expensive outlets saving £s.

4) I have become a much nicer person understanding of others feelings.

5) I have become clever studying from home.

6) I have learnt so many household tips to make my money go further.

7) When I do my 5 hours a week job I really appreciate the extra £s.

8) I grow my own organic veg .

9) I have become a great cook.

10) My ideal holiday is going away in our caravan to a calm spot.

CAN ANYONE POINT OUT ANY OTHERS ?

mirryx

Wannabeloved85
15-01-06, 15:08
im glad you started this thread, cos i was gonna do the same! i sat up last night thinking bout it!

I bet loadsa peeps have become profesional salesmen avoiders! and can now say NO to them and they actually get the message! lol

I guess shopping to those who can in supermarkets get it done faster,saving time and money cos you just get what u need instead of browsing a hundred and one differant brands!

I guess theres the fact that weve all become expert internet users!

Spend more time with family.

seh1980
15-01-06, 17:10
hahahahaha fantastic!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Yvonne
15-01-06, 20:39
Oh Excellent

Well let's see what I can do;

I never hold up queues in shops by chatting to the girl on the till - I'm outa there as quick as poss.

I would never be guilty of road rage - because I always assume everything's my fault anyway!

I'm defintely saving the family money because I dont go shopping like I used to!

I'm not a nosey neighbour and I don't pry into other people's business - because I am too wrapped up in my own problems!

We don't have to buy large jars of coffee - beause I avoid caffeine.

My dog is super fit - becuase I walk her a lot - because "exercise is very good for anxiety and depression".

I don't go to the doctor's at the slightest sign of a cold - because I am too scared to sit in the surgery! Therefore more needy patients can be attended to.

I have considerably helped the writers of anxiety books because I just have to buy them all!

Can't think of any more at the mo
Hope they were okay

Lots of love
Yvonne

Y Goble

mirry
16-01-06, 11:12
lol great!

I thought my husband doesnt ever have to worry about me having an affair because if a guy looks at me in a certain way I take a panic attack.

mirryx

Juliamidlands
16-01-06, 19:34
Mirry that's brilliant, really made me laugh!!!!

Incidentally, I love going shopping, and places where there a lot of people as being around others helps me keep a grip on reality. I don't get PA's in the 'normal' places. How strange is that?? I probably feel worse when I'm alone. Put me on a crowded train/bus and I am fine, it's being in my car alone that freaks me out.

The one positive I can think of, is that it definately makes you more sensitive to the needs of others.
Another positive is that I found this great site shortly after I started having PA's, and have met all of you lovely people :D

And also, we can give ourselves lots of praise when we make progress (no matter how small it may seem), so increasing self esteem?!

Julia xx

'To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world'.

Ma Larkin
17-01-06, 11:12
I'm the same as Julia. Fine in crowds, nightmare on my own. So I reckon that I have contributed to the retail industry tenfold. When on my own I manage to break my hoover, so have to buy a new one, break my dryer so have to buy a new one, pull the handle off my back door, so have to buy a new one, cut through the cable on my lawnmower, so have to buy a new one!! Etc, etc! I'm a walking disaster on my own but the positive side is I've probably kept Comet and B & Q from going bust lol!!! Les, x

pips
17-01-06, 11:40
Nice one Mirry Great post. WELL DONE!

I did a thread a while a go on the Best & Worst Of Anxiety.

BEST & WORST OF ANXIETY??!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4166)

Keep up the POSITIVE thoughts!!!!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Piglet
17-01-06, 12:33
Lol Mirry.

1. Become much better on the computer because I use it an incredible amount (Nic and Trac aren't gonna be much impressed by that[:I] lol).

2. Learned how to use msn so I can chat to people:D

3. My friends always know where I am lol!!!

4. Like Mirry a much better cook.

5. I have become passionate about a condition which affects so many people, much more than we realise.

6. Much more tolerant of other people and their little fobiles.

7. Much more aware although there is a big world out there to explore it's ok to enjoy being in your little bit of it if you are happy.

8. Much better educated due to all the studying I am doing.

9. Your expectations are lower of yourself - so the achievements are higher which is rewarding.

10. I found yoga:D:D:D

Arclite
17-01-06, 13:06
Being able to say No to people when they put me in a position that I feel uncomfortable with. I would have just gone with the flow before rather than rocking the boat.

My partner would probably see this a a negative though as he is usually the one at the other end of one of my No's :p

fradycat
17-01-06, 20:02
Hello mirry,
I guess the main positive effect of panic/anxiety is that I have learnt to appreciate the simple things in life which previously went unnoticed - the warm sun on my face, the green grass, blue skies and the little robin that visits my bird table! I am definately more compassionate and understanding of others too. That was hilarious what you said about having an affair! I have enough trouble satisfying my husband without the stress of another bloke! Maybe we should look at the positives more often! Thanks!
Fradycat xx