PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Fender
29-03-10, 04:16
Hi all this is to introduce myself
My name is Fender
I don't actually suffer from panic attacks, depression, PTSD
I am more than a little naive about them and ashamed to say although i have live with this person for a long time i really don't know anything about any of these things and always use to say come on "just pull yourself together" and "don't matter honey we can get through this" without knowing what "this" was i am really writing for someone to give me some pointers as to where and how i can deal with this illness and how best i can help my DG. Her condition is getting worse and at present she refuses to take any meds. on account that from the onset they can actually induce panic attacks which i don't blame her because i know that she is petrified of getting
I am a major contributing factor to her illness i had an affair and have also told her that i was leaving she has stood by me through all of her own troubles, she has never in the yrs that we have been together done me wrong I am not proud of myself for doing the things that i have done I know I cant turn the clock back but i know right now she is in a world of hurt and pain and it is largely my fault and i want to help her.

Thanks in advance
Fender

nomorepanic
29-03-10, 04:19
Hi Fender

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

valleybear
29-03-10, 13:51
Just the fact that you realise that she really needs help for her anxiety and want to support her is big step in the direction of helping her back to health. If she has seen a Dr and he has given her meds, it would be best, I think' to encourage her as much as you can to take them. Not all people experience side effects like that at the start of meds and the value of taking them should outweigh the side effects. However, I have just been on here lately with the exact same problem, as I was reluctant to take newly prescribed ones. However with the support of the people on this site and my friends, I have now taken them for 5 days and I feel better for it. Dr's generally know what is best, it is just the anxiety that gets to us. Maybe you could see if she would agree to take them for a few days and if she felt fine, it would encourage her to continue. If she did not then another trip to the Drs might be best...there are many different drugs and sure they will find one that suits. Hope she manages to overcome her fear and at least try the tabs...
Also hope you both find some support and help from the great people on this site...:welcome: