PDA

View Full Version : Not coping so scared, anyone with heart anxiety or been to cardio?

janni
29-03-10, 07:34
Last post re heart symptoms still going on. Most times my spasms that I call them occur when I am at rest, and I have self diagnosed (crazy I know) but it just sounds so much like Angina to me. I get cramping suddenly midchest, yesterday it radiated straight into my wrist like an electric shock feeling. I have to wait one to two months to see a cardiologist and I've requested stress ecg and echocardiogram. I know I havent had a heart attack yet needless to say but I really believe that I have angina and I stupidly been googling for so long that I know too much info it feels but I am not able to diagnose myself. I keep readig symptoms are diff in women and now every time my shoulder aches or my tooth or pain in jaw line its angina in my head. My question is HOW can anxiety cause pain in mid chest out of the blue that then radiates to the wrist. I cannnot accept it and two months to wait well I feel right now I going under after all the months of trying to tell the doctor its real and not anxiety. Do I need to request an angiogram for a complete evaluation at cardio? And is there any way I can bring this appointment forward. I also terrified at the prospect of a positive diagnosis and dont know how ill be able to live with it given my anxiety states. The doctors even the psychiatric services hhave let me down so badly in my opinion...I have tried get myself admitted to psych hosp twice last week and was refused, why cos i have anxiety but I also am alone and struggling. I just realised what a cruel world this is when yu are at your worst.

Thumbelina
29-03-10, 09:28
Janni,

You can find so many friends here on this site, you do not need to get admitted. If you did need to be admitted, i am sure doctors would have done it.

Just keep reading posts and talk to people.

Take care.

Typer
29-03-10, 11:48
You need reassurance from the cardio. I think if your GP really suspected heart problems, he/she would have done an urgent the referral. Why not go and chat to your GP and ask why they are so sure this is not urgent. They may be able to allay your fears. Did they do an ECG...this would show angina

crazyhayz
29-03-10, 11:57
Sounds like anxiety, severe anxiety. Did u know i had EVERY SINGLE symptom (apart from fits) of a brain tumour???? I had a CT Scan and it was complrtely clear! Loads of ppl have symptoms or serious things, but its so rare hun, try not to self-diagnose urself, it'll only make u morer anxious!!

But if ur that worried, go to A&E or call an ambulance out. I did this the other night coz i had EXTREMELY bad chest pains, central and left side, sharp and dull ache. Skipping beats in my heart, and SEVERE pains in my back, arms, left wrist, and stomach!! They took me to hospital and i got fully checked over there & then! (4 hour ecg, chest xray, bloods etc!) I actually thought i was having a heart attack though coz i was really dizzy too, but turns out its................ im sure u can guess........... ANXIETY!! yet again!!

When u are panicking/anxious, ur adrenalin in ur body is rushing through EVERY SINGLE PART OF YOUR BODY, INCLUDING YOUR WRISTS, TOES... EVERYWHERE....RIGHT THROUGH YOUR VEINS...... THAT IS WHY U R FEELING IT IN UR WRISTS. I GET THAT EVEN WHEN IM NOT ANXIOUS. ITS TOTALLY NORMAL HUNNY. But the only way u will get seen quicker is if u call an ambulance out and get taken to hospital, or go to A&E. Good luck, but i totally reckon u r fine :) xx