PDA

View Full Version : can anxiety cause pain

rachel marie
29-03-10, 15:46
can you cause yourself to have constent pain in the side of ur head that last over 2 weeks ?

i cant stop thinking about the pain is this why it wont go away?

:shrug:
have any of you guys had pain for this long because of health anxiety?

im only 21 and want to be happy but im convinced i have a brain tumor even tho i have had a ct scan that came back normal

Maj
29-03-10, 16:21
The fact that your scan was normal was reassuring. Sounds like your headache is maybe being caused by tension. You're probably tensing your neck and shoulders without realising it which in turn causes your headache. Anxiety can definitely make pain seem worse if all your muscles are tense. It doesn't sound like anything to worry about, so please be reassured.
Myra x

Dimi
29-03-10, 16:43
I'd say yes for sure. I've had a headache for 3 days running now and I'm convinced its due to my anxiety. I spend so long trying to concentrate at work "through" my anxiety that I think it brings on the headache. Seems to get worse as the day goes on.

I'm at the docs tomorrow to ask that very question.

I never have been really bothered by headaches in the past and now I seem to have constant one.

Oh, and I've also been through the "what the hell is wrong with me?". Thinking I have a tumor etc. Everytime that thought comes in I try and talk myself away from it.

So, I'd say that yes it's the anxiety causing a headache causing more anxiety. The usual spiral.