PDA

View Full Version : At my witts end with beta blockers

cthechick84
29-03-10, 22:29
Im so fed up guys really am my doctor prescirbed bisoprolol 2.5mg for the fast heart beats and ive been on them just over a month well 2 days ago i stopped them becos i was worried it was making my heart beat too slow as wen i was resting my heart beat was 54bpm and 59bpm (cnt stop checkin my pulse now)this made me panic and i stopped them for 2days heart beat steadily went bk up but tonight i felt it racing likes 80s and cudnt cope an i took it again so now im gna be worried again that its too low what am i to do|?i knw these tablets are meant to do that by lowering heart rate an bp but is it safe... gota speak to my doctor in the morning its doing my anxiety no favours feel a complete mess tonight again.im not pleased either way im soo sick of all this anxiety .fast heart or slow heart dnt no whats best and what im to do !!!anyone can help me id b grateful jus some reasurrance that im doing the right thing by taking them again ,i proberly shudnt of stopped them an may try taking half tmoro but ill c wot my doc says.thanks for reading c.x

Danath
29-03-10, 22:35
I asked my doctor about this one too as i had tyhe same concern, he reassured me that they dont so much slow your heart down rather they stop it speeding up past a certain rate. I wouldnt worry about them.

cthechick84
29-03-10, 22:42
Thanks for the reply danath yes well ive took it again just now and i can notice the diffeence like instantly just dnt want it getting to slow and then again im terrified wen it races .thanks alot and best wishes C.xxx

staypositive
03-04-10, 17:36
I shouldn't worry to much, like Danath said they work by slowing your pulse down but they won't go past a certain point. I take them too, although I only take one if I feel anxious, or I feel I'm doing something which would cause higher anxiety levels than usual.

I find they make me a little tired sometimes, but they do very much help with the physical feelings of anxiety, racing heart, shortness of breath etc

Dan

Jannie2948
03-04-10, 17:54
I took beta blockers but unfortunately they did not agree with me. Took them for a couple of months and felt really ill on them, came off them and went on another kind of beta blocker but they too made me ill. The next Dr I saw put me on Citalopram and gradually feeling much better. It's just what suits you. I know people who have been on beta blockers for years and are completely fine on them. Don't worry too much, I'm sure your Dr will advise you and keep a check on you and that the meds are working for you.

Jannie x x

jessicalittler79
03-04-10, 18:04
hey chick hun my heart beats that slow at night when i lay down mine is like 55 beats so dont be worried hun ..ur just not used to ur heart beat being normal...ur used to it beating feel fast

jothenurse
10-05-10, 02:20
I'm just now getting off of the beta-blockers (metoprolol) - it brings my pulse down too low (50's) and with the Ativan I take my blood pressure gets into the low 90's systolically and I get light-headed. But I am also afraid to be off of them, because my heart does beat faster then which makes me panicky.

flipmode
19-05-10, 11:01
Hello,

I've had quite a few deaths in my family recently and huge amounts of stress at work. I've been put on Propranolol and signed off from work for two weeks.
I have sleeping problems on top of this , I'm never asleep for more than around 20 minutes without waking up, unfortunately I get sleep paralysis on top of this which is like being in a comatosed state of fear.

If you're unsure of what sleep paralysis is I've enclosed a link below
http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

I've only taken one tablet upto now and worried that it may mess my sleep up even further , can anyone please help who may have sleeping problems , or any advise at all about day to day life on the drug.

Thanks for reading

Jason