PDA

View Full Version : twitching, twitchy twitches...

stressbunny
30-03-10, 11:08
thought I had come to terms with these bloody twitches, but i have them firing off in little spurts all over my lower legs today. Constant.
My left leg has been feeling a bit weak, which I think (hope) is a touch of sciatica as it aches a bit from my bum down through the back of my leg...but none of this is helping my health anxiety...

i generally feeling a bit "crawley" in my skin on my legs today - i just cant get ms out of my head again

fellow twitchers please reassure me

also i had wine last night, fellow twitchers, do you think alcohol makes them worse?

belle
30-03-10, 12:18
Yes. Have all that.

Alan80
30-03-10, 12:21
Hi stressbunny I started getting this yesterday for the first time. My right thigh feels like it is twitching when I start walking. But if I look at or feel the muscle it seems normal. I also had that weak feeling you mentioned in my left arm last week. It's been a rough couple of months with stress and anxiety so I am putting it down to that. I am going to see my doctor today just to be sure. It's either that or start googling and we know how that ends up. I will let you know what he says.

flumpy
30-03-10, 12:47
if you mean a constant small cramp like twitch in your calf muscles then yes, i can reassure you. and i DO think that booze makes them worse. also, i think that these stress relieving bubble baths seem to help. bathing in general maybe. i've had them for 20 years, so i guess if it was anything serious i might have found out by now! i get cramps in my feet too, guess it's all related. possibly all anxiety, but probably just sthg that most people wouldn't notice, only us anxious bunnies, constantly searching for a new illness to worry about!
ignore, have a hot radox bath and drink a hot chocolate!:)

pbro
08-04-10, 22:05
hi
A first post for me
I have been twitching now for 3 months and it drives me nuts.
Mainly occurs in upper arms,when I relax but does occur in most other parts of me
Alcohol usually damps it down
cheers

Rachel W
10-04-10, 00:34
I have twitched a lot over the past one and a half years, and it really does help when you try not to think about it (unfortunately with me it is usually because I am worrying about a new symptom). Alcohol, sugar, caffeine, can all make them worse. Anxiety is the WORST culprit however!

I am sure that you are fine.

jojo1976
10-04-10, 07:41
I've been twitching for about a month now. Mine are mostly the limb jerkers (legs, ankles, shoulders, head) mixed with those skin flutters you can see. All anxiety. It was really bad the first two weeks were really bad and they were really strong. As I've calmed down, the jerking and twitching have become calmer and less frequent. They still bother me and I wish they would just go away, but they are more noticeable at night when I'm sleepy or when I'm getting keyed up over something or my day/week gets stressful. I don't know about the alcohol as I don't drink, but accepting them as part of my anxiety and knowing I need to give it time to pass/heal has really improved things.