PDA

View Full Version : Small pea sized lump in my jaw

louise123_uk
30-03-10, 13:35
On the right side of my jaw on my face just under the skin I can feel a small pea sized mass which I can move around a bit under the skin. Its not under my jaw where glands would be its actually on face so just above the jaw line. There is no swelling or bump through the skin

I think I can remember feeling this years ago, but not entirely sure. Any ideas what might be/anyone ever had anything like this?

KK77
30-03-10, 17:05
I shouldn't think it's anything serious if you can move the lump around. Usually more serious lumps/masses form part of a growth which is attached to other tissue. But I'm not a doctor, so getting it checked out just to put your mind at rest would be the best thing to do.

Going by what you've said though, I don't think it's anything more serious.

Catalyst
30-03-10, 17:31
I noticed one on my jaw line, just in front of where my ear is. Doctor said it felt like a normal healthy gland!

Cell block H fan
30-03-10, 17:34
On the right side of my jaw on my face just under the skin I can feel a small pea sized mass which I can move around a bit under the skin. Its not under my jaw where glands would be its actually on face so just above the jaw line. There is no swelling or bump through the skin

I think I can remember feeling this years ago, but not entirely sure. Any ideas what might be/anyone ever had anything like this?

Melancholia is right, if its floating it wont be anything to worry about. Atleast thats what my doc said to my son anyway.
Yours sounds very like what he has, ive mentioned it on here before when others have posted about the same thing.
He started with a pea (or rather a petit pois size his is) lump just in front of his ear, where the jaw first opens? If that makes sense. He would fiddle with it all the time, to be honest he didn't tell me about it until I asked what he was fiddling with, you couldn't see it sticking out or anything. But I could feel it with my finger tip. He said it had been there about a year, so I wasn't concerned. Then not long after that another popped up just above his Adams apple, then another just under his chin where the bone ends & the throat tissue starts? Now I started worrying.
The doctor said its nothing to worry about, just leave it, I worried a few weeks later so took him back, the doc took some bloods, those came back clear, & he just lives with them now. The oldest one has been there for about 3 years now. But they aren't visable.
I just wish he wouldn't fiddle with them! lol
But I guess its like trying not to pick a scab.
xx

MOMINPANIC
30-03-10, 17:34
I have a moveable lump on the bottom of my left jaw. From what I have read, other people have this too and it's nothing to be concerned about. If it's moveable, I think it's safe.

ZoJo
31-03-10, 12:08
I was taken to the doctors with mine....(jaw, right side) when I was about five. Now 39, and was told then that it was a fatty lump?? Its still there, and able to move it around.

laidir
28-12-13, 07:51
i'm so glad to hear that this isn't harmful because cancer runs in my family and i was very worried. i noticed mine a bit over a year ago in my jaw in front of my right ear

Pet59
28-12-13, 07:55
I have one too. Was told its a gland. Sometimes when I get sick it swells up.

lfc65
28-12-13, 09:44
I have one of these over my eyebrow that I move about and poke when I'm anxious. It's been there as long as I can remember. My mum says she recalls taking me to the docs about it when I was 6 or 7. I'm now 48. Nothing to worry about x

lope
09-05-14, 04:31
i just developed one of these lumps on the right side under jaw. i am male-39 yrs old. its good to hear that its nothing to worry about. thank you for the replies.

Mrschurchill
09-05-14, 15:46
I have this to, had it since I was about 8 years old and after many tests and ultrasound it turned out to be a blocked saliva gland. When I'm unwell it gets a bit bigger and sore but usually it's tiny and I don't really notice it anymore! Xx

JoeDragon
26-03-15, 23:05
I've noticed the same lump on the right side of my jaw, right at the angle of my jaw muscle, under my ear.
It's been there for about two years, is movable, quite firm but hasn't grown.
I might visit my GP about this and keep you posted.

ashes14
24-04-15, 05:36
I have a moveable lump on the bottom of my left jaw. From what I have read, other people have this too and it's nothing to be concerned about. If it's moveable, I think it's safe.

How about if it's moveable but it hurts? 😢

mosiminerva
02-08-15, 22:55
Hello all,

I am a 30 year old male and I have had this hard pea-sized bump on the side of my jawline for probably over 6 months. It didn't give me any kind of pain until about a week ago. It swelled up (coincidentally after I caught a cold) and started to give me pain anytime I touched it.

Two different doctors checked it out and they both prescribed anti-biotics (specifically Apo-Amoxi Clav 875/125 mg). I took it and after about a day the swelling had gone down and pain vanished.

Afterwards, upon visiting one of the aforementioned doctors, he hypothesized that it was just an infected lymph node.

Anyways, hope my experience helps you!

Skittles_though
28-09-15, 18:27
I'm 18 and just found something similar. It's seems the same as the OP but mine is painful and making my skin hot. It's below my gum line so I can't feel it on the inside of my mouth, it's right on my jaw bone on the left side, and not on the hinge either. It feels a bit bigger than a pea and is also movable. It can't be a wisdom tooth as I have all four grown in. I also know it's not my glands as I know what that feels like. I'm sort of concerned as cancer also runs in my family.

ft
20-07-17, 18:07
Literally have the same problem, visited the doctor and got told it was just a lymph node. Hasn't gone after a month so I'm just assuming I have the same problem? Going to go back and check just in case x

Pea Tear Griffin
20-07-17, 22:18
I have had this for years and it gets a little bigger when stressed or when its hot outside.

Nothing to worry about you have lots of glands under the jaw :)