PDA

View Full Version : Private Smear Tests

busybeingmum
30-03-10, 14:50
Where can I get this done? Had NHS one 2 years ago and just want another as feeling a bit worried about stingy/shooting pains you know where! :blush:

julieannboo
30-03-10, 15:09
i think that you just go back to your doctors and ask to pay they cost around £50

Cell block H fan
30-03-10, 17:49
Are you sure your doctor wont do one for you if you explain why you're worried? I only say that because I used to have them yearly, due to treatment for abnormal cells after an abnormal smear test (my first ever one too) 18/19 years ago, & they did say about 7 or 8 years ago I could go to the normal 3 yearly now because ever since they have come back all clear. But I am a bit of a worrier so asked if I could stay at yearly & they said yes thats fine.
I haven't been for over 3 years now due to moving house/doctors, rubbish relationship split, & generally putting it off. I think I got sick of them after having them every year up til 3 years ago. But i'm now sufferring with pelvic ache, so leaving it so long is biting me on the but because i'm now concerned! That'll learn me lol
Give your doc a go, if you are at all concerned I cant see them minding doing one after 2 years. In fact I expect you can tell them you want one if you are that concerned.
xxx