PDA

View Full Version : worried

Scared Pixie
30-03-10, 17:09
I am really worried as I ave been unwell since last Feb I have had loads of x-rays on my chest, stomach and have had a barium meal x -ray- series of x-rays and a kidney dye test x-rays. Will those cause me cancer later in life. Still no clue to what's going on with me so I feel I have had all these x-rays for nothing, if I go back into hospital I will refuse to have any more. If anybody could shead any light on these x-rays I would really be greatfull.:huh::weep:

Peter_Scott
31-03-10, 11:12
Hi OP, xrays are pretty safe, you would have to be exposed to many many xrays to up your chances of cancer. The good news is so far they have found nothing, at least you can rule out what they have tested for, this should help to reassure you about your health. If you still have health concerns list the symptoms and see if they can be caused by anxiety, and if you are still worried tell your GP exactly what you are worried about,

Peter

Scared Pixie
01-04-10, 15:27
Thanks for your help, just can't help worrying. Forgot to say when I was younger I also had a ct scan of the brain, I was ran over by a car. I know I suffer badly with anixety so thats what s probably wrong with me. I tink that's worst though knowing I have all theses tests for noting and now I could cause myself cancer later in life, but I guess I have had them now so there is noting I can do about it but sit and wait. I won't be helping my self out by worrying as that isn't good either. OMG! what am I like. Thanks for your help.

smpomeroy
01-04-10, 15:53
and to repeat those test will NOT cause cancer... really they wont so be reassured by that too.

Peter_Scott
01-04-10, 17:46
OP I have lost count of the number of x rays etc, but at least two ct brain scans, two stomach ct, at least 12 yes 12 chest x rays, 6 ankle x rays, fell off cliff, radioactive swallow twice, shilling test, full body scan 6 MRI brain scans, 4 liver ultra sounds, and these are all that i can recall, and a new MRI soon. Suprising i dont glow in the dark, lol

Peter