PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline rush or Panic Attack? Help!

Ella_Jayne
30-03-10, 17:48
Last night I was relaxed watching a movie and all of a sudden I felt this weird rush to my head, my breathing became odd, my mouth and arms went numb, I felt SICK and a tad dizzy. My heart started to race at about 105 which I know isn't that fast but if went from 60ish to this in just a few seconds. I wasn't feeling anxious at the time, I wasn't thinking of anything anxious. So i'm left worried as to why this happened.

I had quite a bit of caffine yesterday, I don't usually have it at all really. Could this be the cause? Was it an adrenaline rush? A panic attack or well, both? When I woke up today I felt dizzy, lightheaded and feeling sick. Normal or should I see my GP?

I've had panic attacks before but none that have ever came out of the blue. They usually happen to me when I'm feeling very anxious or stressed.

x

tinkerbel
31-03-10, 08:54
hi, prob not much help, but my panics can come out of the blue, these are the most stressful as you cant explain them, going to speak to my doctor today about cbt had a bit a while ago (i think) so confused as to what iv had! seen a few people, but getting fed up at the mo so going to kick myself up the bum!!

flumpy
31-03-10, 10:18
sounds like a panic attack and yes, caffeine seems the main suspect! the first ever panic attack i had was when i was sitting watching a james bond film, not had a drink for months but drinking strong coffee in the hotel that i worked in. it came out of the blue and my heart rate went to sthg very high...three beats per second, the immediate fear coarsing through my veins as reaching for the phone for an ambulance...
20 years later and here i still am, suffering from panic but aware of what it is and ways to control it. they come out of the blue so rather than fearing them coming and being anxious about it, learn coping mechanisms and get on with your life! good luck! x