PDA

View Full Version : Im curious. But whats the worse effect panic has taken over your life?

Granny Primark
30-03-10, 18:54
:winks:For me its loneliness and guilt.
Loneliness cus I lost loads of friends cus I could no longer work and go out with friends who always associated me with a full mischief and fun person.
Me granny primark full of mischief! Never!:winks:
Guilt. cus I cudnt go on hols abroad and guilt cus Im so blessed with so many things others would love.
I am blessed when I read of people that have so many probs it makes mine seem so insignificant. (sorry bout my spelling!):D
The guilt for me is the one that gets to me most.
Im the last person on earth you would think suffered with low self confidence.
I used to practice me tap dancing on dining room tables in nursing homes 10 years ago!!!!!
YES GRANNY PRIMARK COULD TAP DANCE!
I used to fall in the sink now and again tho.:D#
I can still do a few of time steps even tho im 33!

happyone
31-03-10, 09:06
Lynn, I was like you. Life and soul. When I first became ill, no one could believe it. The weird thing is, I have always been anxious, but I was able to work through it, or sometimes, round it. Classic example is I get very uptight driving into the city so when I was working, if I was asked to take clients into the city I would make excuses of my car being rather dodgy, or say that I had to update my certificate for driving with HQ. Most of the time I got away with it. At other times though I would just work through it, like home visits always got me wound up but I would do them anyway. Then the time came where I just couldn't do it. I couldn't pretend anymore, I couldn't work though it. I had to just say "I can't"
Parties are probably my biggest thing that I feel awful about. I used to love a party but now I hate them. I am absolutely terrified by them. My poor hubs has had to go to so many without me.
I find I am getting there. I went on holiday to Crete last year and it was the most succesful holiday I have had for years. I am even thinking of going abroad again this year.
You can get there hun.:hugs:

Happyone
xx

margaret jones
31-03-10, 14:08
For me it is my independence just to pop to the shop alone or drive to visit a friend for a natter i always have to ask hubby to take me or come with me so i feel my lack of independence is the worst thing , there are others( spontanous outings ) walks) are a no no at moment hence wieght gain grrrrrrrrrrrr But i have a lot to be thankfull for i have enough money to live on a loving family and good friends but i will get my independence back (HONEST )XXXXXTake Care Maggie

JaneC
31-03-10, 14:14
For me I think it's the loss of the ability to just go somewhere, do something, without having to fret over whether it's going to cause me a panic attack

Thumbelina
31-03-10, 15:02
Its ability to so I am not scared. Before I could say it.

NotResponding
31-03-10, 15:05
It limits everything, I hate that I cant bring money in to the house.
Everything you do or know is sorta weakend by 90%, so your left with 10%, others will never know the rest of you or your thoughts or work...

Granny Primark
31-03-10, 21:51
I wanted the best for my 2 children and to have a good lifestyle.
When I was a community care worker and got as many as 5 calls all at the same time, it was a challenge.
I loved it! I was a "woman on a mission".
I even got the nickname "road runner"
On hinesight now I so wish I could have said no to so many demands.
I literally ran everywhere.
I hope when im able to work on the community if only doing voluntary work il be able offer my experience to others not to be able to follow in my footsteps.
Im disappointed in myself not being able to cope.
Ive lost my self pride cus so many people depended on me.
Now I depend on others.
I dont want sympathy for this just a kick up the bum.

yvonne_uk_98
01-04-10, 23:25
I used to be able to go out by myself without being scared.
I used to be able to sleep in my bedroom, when I had a bedrooom.
finding it hard to go out by myself, it is very scary.
find it very hard to sleep in a bedroom, that I gave mine up my bedroom,

Yvonne