PDA

View Full Version : Work this afternoon

Sus
16-01-06, 10:16
Hi, I am going back to work this afternoon, first time since September. I have flutterbies in my stomach and am feeling quite sick with the thought of it. Im just doing 4 hours a day, 3 days a week but am still bricking it. I start at 1pm today so please send me good luck vibes around that time. Thankyou, Sus, xx

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum

tattybear
16-01-06, 10:20
Hi Sus....

[Wow!] That is fab news! Sendning you lots of positive vibes and good luck hugs...ready....

[<center>Wow!]:D:D:D:D((((((SUS)))))):D:D:D:D[Wow!]<center></center></center>

I think it is a good idea to go back doing the hours you are, it will break up for day and will ease u in nice and gently.

Look forward to hearing how it goes

xx

Tatty B xx

molly15
16-01-06, 10:44
well done you are a lot braver than me at the minute.youll do great just remember if u feel bad its only nerves and they cant hurt you.good luck take care marcia

marcia lowe

Sus
16-01-06, 10:48
thanks guys, Im leaving soon. I only a 20 min walk from work but gonna sit in cafe opposite a while before I pluck up courage to go in. Eek.

trac67
16-01-06, 11:35
Good luck Sus, stay positive and you will be fine, let us know how it goes.

Take care

Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

3faces
16-01-06, 12:02
Lots of luck, hugs and anything else you need at the moment.:D

Well done you....as someone else said, you are a lot braver than me but I hope to be where you are soon!

Keep telling yourself you can handle it and the hours/days you're going to be doing sound great. That would be ideal for me, eases you in nice and gently.

Take care and let us know how you got on....

Jem xxx

Karen
16-01-06, 12:47
Good luck Sus. Hope it goes well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

chucklehound
16-01-06, 14:31
Good luck!

((((HUGS))))

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Sus
16-01-06, 17:52
Hello, thanks for the replies and hugs everyone. Well I got to the cafe across from work about 1130 and I sat for aaages, started to get quite worried cause was just starting to think the worst so I went over at 1230 thinking I 'll be fine once Im there. Everyone was lovely and I am just getting slowly back into it. I work in sales so tomorrow I will start selling but today just answered a couple of phonecalls and blethered most the day with people I not seen for ages. Finished at 1700hrs, left on time and came straight home. Feeling ok and quite looking forward to tomorrow. The worst bit was the hour or so before I went in. im going to go to the cafe tomorrow also and fingers crossed wont be quite as anxious. Sus, xxx

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum

Karen
16-01-06, 19:29
Well done Sus.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

alexis
16-01-06, 19:31
O well done sus, the first day is always the worse. Good luck for tomorrow.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Zeusmoose
16-01-06, 21:19
Oh well done, good on you!

You make me want to be braver - I can't wait till I can say that I have started back to work!

You have done brilliantly, be proud of yourself[8D]

Debbie xx

Meg
16-01-06, 21:39
Very well done indeed

That was great !

Whatever works for you but if the hour at the cafe was the worst with anticipatory anxiety- maybe just go straight in and not dilly dally as much ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

wobily_lin
16-01-06, 21:41
Well Done You. You have done sooo well. Keep it up. And good luck for
tomorrow hun.

Great news.

Take care.

Lin.xxx

Lin,
xxx

Sus
16-01-06, 22:49
thanks for your kind words everybody, Will post tomorrow night how I got on on day 2. Sus, xx

Sus
18-01-06, 18:30
Hello, Well I have finished my first 3 day week at work. Was all ok and kinda like I never left, nothing ever changes there (except they now do pdfs which I have to learn). Going to a leaving night on Friday and out to lunch tomorrow so def feeling better and being able to get out and about more. This morning before work I felt dreadful and the walk there wasnt great, but I pushed myself to keep going and tried some distraction techniques, but once there I was fine. Hopefully will carry on like that. Rejoined gym last night too, and managed a whole 12 mins ahaha on the cross trainer before having to leave. Trying to eat healthy too and made soup from scratch last night. Feeling good. Sus, xxx

Ralph Blum

alexis
18-01-06, 18:50
Hi Sus, brilliant in lots of ways, well done.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

nomorepanic
18-01-06, 19:23
Sus

Well done on coping and sticking at it.

Great news about the diet and exercise as well - that will really help you.

Nicola

Meg
19-01-06, 00:04
You're doing a great job - well done

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
19-01-06, 00:24
Well done Sus. You are doing very well.

Karen

Arclite
19-01-06, 14:34
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hello, Well I have finished my first 3 day week at work. Was all ok and kinda like I never left, nothing ever changes there (except they now do pdfs which I have to learn). Going to a leaving night on Friday and out to lunch tomorrow so def feeling better and being able to get out and about more. This morning before work I felt dreadful and the walk there wasnt great, but I pushed myself to keep going and tried some distraction techniques, but once there I was fine. Hopefully will carry on like that. Rejoined gym last night too, and managed a whole 12 mins ahaha on the cross trainer before having to leave. Trying to eat healthy too and made soup from scratch last night. Feeling good. Sus, xxx

Ralph Blum

<div align="right">Originally posted by Sus - 18 January 2006 : 18:30:58</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Well Done! I've just gone back to work myself and i know how big a step it is!

I'm four days in (after having a day off yesturday) and I'm still feeling very edgy and panicy while in work. I also feel very tired and very heady as if I'm getting a cold. I'm assuming this is all part of the anxiety, but I've yet to find a method of distracting myself that works.

Good news is that I'm eating lunch without any problems.

Have you found that even though your in work, your not really there mentally. I find that I'm walking round in a daze with almost zero motivation when it comes to working. I'm not just being lazy, i just can't concentrate on anything while in work. I'm find once I get home...

Sus
21-01-06, 00:49
Hey chickens, just gonna keep adding to this instead of starting new post. Its 0047hrs, just back from night out in the city centre (well almost centre). I was fine, walked there and back through park myself, was in busy pub with lots of people then to uberbusy pub with more people. Chatted to folk I didnt know and all round was "normal" (sorry I hate quotations). I hope I dont jinx myself by saying this but I am feeling sooo much better recently and I hope it carries on, yeahhh. Ooh and I have chips.

Trev
21-01-06, 00:57
Well done Sus, that's great stuff. :D

Cheers,
Trev