PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety causeing extreme cramps???

butterfly00
30-03-10, 21:55
I am in a bit of a battle with my doctor, as soon as I told her I had anxiety any complaint I have is met with a great deal frowning and 'are you sure?'
At the moment I have very sore tendons on the back of my hands and running up my arms, which I just put down to useing the computer but now my feet have thte same thing. and I am getting these cramps in my feet that make my toes straighten out on theri own, and pain inbetween my little finger and ring finger.
the other night the cramps were all over my legs and hands and then a nerve in my face kept tensing , like an eye twitch but much slower and stronger. the doc said its all muscle tension. Which I could beleive.

I also have areas on my legs the size of a couple of fingers that feel like the muscle is being pinched under the skin, it really hurts, last bout 20 mins then goes and appears somewhere else.

And lastly I get pins and needles real easy. If Ihave my arm just resting across my front while sleeping it goes completely dead.

I few months ago I had terrible weakness ( couldn't cross the room without holding onto furniture) and totally 'dead' limbs. so now I'm worried the two are linked and this is some kind degeneration of my muscles.

I know lots of us have worried about various diseases but does anxiety actually cause something like tendonitis or other mproblems???

butterfly00
31-03-10, 23:13
It is helpful in that I dont feel totaly alone. thanks amieekid. What does a rheumatologist look at?

chrislot
04-04-10, 09:49
Magnesium and B6 help cramps. Research pyroluria as it causes severe anxiety. Also histadellia, if you are prone to allergies.