PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Danny P
16-01-06, 11:07
Just a quick hello, I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for approx 18 months.

It all started with an asthma attack. I had forgotten my inhalers and had to call an ambulance. I now believe that once I had the initial asthma symptons, I realised that I didn't have my medicene which bought on a panic attack.

I now have problems traveling on many modes of transport, planes, trains (especially underground) and driving long distances.

I have been to talking therapies, which I found excellent, knowledge made me feel more in control of the symptoms. I think control is a key word with regard to my experiences of anxiety and PA's.

Great Website!!

tracyp584
16-01-06, 11:11
Hey Danny,

Welcome to the website, you will find lots of advice and support here!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

trac67
16-01-06, 11:12
Hi Danny,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of great advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Danny P
16-01-06, 11:20
Thanks for making me feel welcome, its nice to have people that understand, if you have never experienced panic it can be extremely hard to understand

LITTLELISA
16-01-06, 11:33
hi danny

im new too so just thought id say hey ya!!!

was wondering how you were getting on ???
have u had any bad attacks lately or have u been ok

http://www.dzirefm.co.uk/forums/img_man/imgs/721-LLSIG.jpg

3faces
16-01-06, 12:04
:D:DA big, warm welcome to you Danny:D:D

Jem xxx

Karen
16-01-06, 12:43
Hi Danny

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Danny P
16-01-06, 13:17
Thanks again for all your warm welcomes.

Little Lisa, I have not had any bad attacks recently, although I think its because I am taking so many avoidance methods.

For instance, I live in London and have been asked to go to Bristol tomorrow for work, its only for 1 day which will mean a long drive there and back. I am currently in the process of making my mind up wether or not to go. Probably won't :(

Once again I would say how helpful it is to contact people who understand.

Thanks

chucklehound
16-01-06, 14:26
Hi Danny and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some new friends too!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Meg
16-01-06, 14:47
Hello Danny

Welcome to the site . Hope you find some comfort here.

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
16-01-06, 15:24
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Tomimo
16-01-06, 17:19
Hello :)

I hope you find this site a great source of advice and support - everyone is fab!

Annie x

nomorepanic
16-01-06, 17:56
Hi Danny and welcome aboard the forum.

I am interested in your problems with driving cos I have them too. So tell me more about them if you want to.

Hope you get some great help on here.

Nicola

alexis
16-01-06, 19:11
Hi Danny and welcome, you will get some wonderful advice and support here, take care.xx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

dream
17-01-06, 09:30
hi danny
welcome to this site
take care
denisexx

denise

Danny P
17-01-06, 10:07
Hello All,

For me driving is something that can be great, mainly because I can avoid trains. I prefer it if I am the driver because I can stop if needed. Whereas if I am the passenger I have to alert the driver to my problems, which although it shouldn't be, is embarassing.

I also have a preference for driving in daylight and not on motorways. the motorway issue is about being able to escape, cannot escape until the following junction!!

Although I avoided the trip to Bristol and back today, I do travel a lot and I always feel that each time I do a journey I am getting stronger and more confident.

Regards

Danny

Danny P
30-01-06, 15:40
Hello Everyone,

Having a bad day today, called ambulance this morning as I couldn't breath. Was sure I was in the middle of an asthma attack, but I started to feel better as soon as the ambulance man arrived, which makes me think it was PA.

I felt as though I was wasting everybodies time, and I felt a bit silly too!

Back at home now but still don't feel great, I guess it takes a while for the adrenalin to leave the system!

Thanks For Listening

Danny

Meg
30-01-06, 16:11
Danny

Peak flows and response to ventolin are often good ways of distinguishing between ashma and panic

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Danny P
30-01-06, 17:22
I agree Meg, I normally average approx 550 on the peak flow, this morning I was registering 400.

The most frustating thing I find is that I know I am having a panic attack but I find it reaches a point of no return where I cannot stop it!

Thanks

Danny

P.S What kind of times does the chat room normally get busy??