PDA

View Full Version : Argh I am freaking out over Bp need advice!!!

Blueeyed87
31-03-10, 02:53
Ok so I am having chest pains at the moment and although my dr says my heart is fine I have this thing I do where I constantly check my bp, now I was led to believe that your bp goes up if your having a heart attack, but being me I looked up lower bp for eg my bp is 109/61 now I googled and of course it came back telling me lower bp is a sign of cardiac problems n leads to heart attacks,!!! Why do I do this to myself I'm in full freak out mode, just took my bp again and it's 112/70 is this still to low help!!!

Ella_Jayne
31-03-10, 03:10
That's not too low atall. Please don't Google again, it's only going to make you worse. If your doctor said that your heart was fine then please believe him. Have you had an ECG or any other cardiac tests?

I suffer from chest pains every day but just down to anxiety and sometimes indigestion. I have never heard of having low BP being a sign of a heart attack but I'm sure you found it on Google and maybe it's true but it's also true that most of the time High blood pressure is present with cardiac problems but both types of BP can happen for different reasons too such as Low blood sugar levels (Low BP), Stress (High BP) the list is endless.

My BP has been both very high and also very low but I don't have any cardiac problem atall. Please try and calm down. :)

Blueeyed87
31-03-10, 03:20
Thank you for your reply,
yes I have had many tests last may I had the whole ultrasound and xrays on my heart, January I went t hospital with chest pains and they performed many blood tests to rule out anything sinister, last month I had a holter monitor for 24 hrs dr said there were some irregularities but she put them down to anxiety and everthing else was normal but I still have the what Ifs!!! Drive myself insane!! Thank you for the advice I am starting to calm down