PDA

View Full Version : Day 10 of Cipralex....

jool5
31-03-10, 10:13
Hi Folks

I am currently on Day 10 of Cipralex 5mg.

I was hoping to see some sort of improvement by now but I'm still getting hot and cold sweats, feel a bit shaky and tired and still constantly anxious. I also still get that sinking feeling when I wake up of 'oh no here we go again' and the anxiety starts.

Is this still very early days?...just a bit disappointed as I really was hoping for a bit of improvement, however small!

Any wise words of wisdom to reassure me will be appreciated and any experience of other Cipralexers.

p.s. I am on the Cip mainly for GAD/bit of SA and mild depression.

Thanks

Jools xx

tinkerbel
31-03-10, 11:32
hi hun, it does take about 2 weeks to notice a difference, you can always go back to the doc and go up to 10mg if you still feel bad, 5mg is the lowest dose so you may need a bit more to start with? i am on 10mg and this has worked for me (well made things easier!) still have bad days but they get fewer!

hope you start to feel better soon x

jool5
31-03-10, 11:46
Ok thanks hun well I'll stick it out for a bit longer then...if I go up to 10mg, will the side effects be the same as when starting or a bit better do you think?....

Thanks for your reply

Jools xxx

tinkerbel
31-03-10, 12:35
hi, you should not get any side effects if you up the meds, if you do they should be very mild, i have never had any when just upping mine, :)
just keep with them and never just stop taking them, thats when you will get bad!

:hugs: