PDA

View Full Version : I dont believe this :(

tashbarnes87
31-03-10, 14:07
Hi all, i havent posted for such a long time as i have been doing really well i am now 20 weeks pregnant and all is well.

This time last year i was at the breast clinic with the lump i found that turned out to be a milk cyst, a few of you may remember i went through hell & had a biopsy & was convinced i was dying lol. Never have i been so depressed in al my life

Well i decided to give my self a breast exam today & in the same boob but a completely different place i have a large cm lump. I have cried for the past hour, phoned the doc & luckily spoke to my anxiety doctor who has got my an appointment in an hours time. I cant tell you how upset & scared i am. I already have the horrible thoughts that im going to die & not see my baby or my son grow up :( i dont believe it :(

busybeingmum
31-03-10, 14:36
Tash - you KNOW this is your hormones!!! Lumpy breasts are part of being pregnant - my breasts leaked at 20 weeks pregnant and were lumpy. When my son was 6 months old(2 years ago) I went through your horror of a lump followed by a biopsy. The hell of the week it took to get the biopsy results ended in me having HA even though the results were normal (a milk cyst). Even if the doc sends you to the clinic DON'T be alarmed!!! Will be standard procedure. Let me know how you get on. xxxx PS. Checking your breats during pregnancy or before a period is going to cause unnecessary worry as you will have lumps. xxx

bottleblond
31-03-10, 14:52
Tash

I agree with the other poster hun! Remember your body goes through a multitude of changes when you are pregnant and the likelyhood is, this will be related.

Please try not to panic! I'm sure you will be just fine!!
Big hugs and let us know how you are
Lisa
xxx
:hugs:

tashbarnes87
31-03-10, 16:18
thanks both busybeingmum its amazing how similar our stories are! Thats how my anxiety started. The doctor had a feel & found it straight away :( he basically said the same as when i found my other lump, that its probably hormone related but to access it in 3-4 weeks. I get no reassurance from that & i dont want my anxiety to start again :(x

busybeingmum
31-03-10, 19:04
Tash - did the doc say to go back to him in 3 to 4 weeks time or to go to the clinic? Eaither way if he had been at all worried you would have been sent to breast clinic within about 2 weeks. It is soooooo very rare for pregnant or feeding mums to have bad lumps because the hormones protect you (believe me I read about this a lot during my terrible time!) Will my lump it stayed for months and months. At the time I founf it I was breastfeeding and it didn't go away when my son had fed which is why I worried. After I had the biopsy I developed a really bad infection. This happened at the same time as moving house. The infection was so awful I was rushed to hospital and put on antibiotics in a drip for 5 days - terrible time. Interestingly enough the breast clinic at the new hospital said it was a shame I ever had the biopsy as breastfeeding and pregnant women get dense and very lumpy boobs.....You have to try very hard to shelve your worry for 4 weeks until you go back to docs - what is the point in worrying for 4 weeks. Not good for you or baby. You breast is fine. Oh - DO NOT prod it or look at Google! xxxx

tashbarnes87
31-03-10, 20:11
Thank you so much hun. Sorry to hear about your terrible time :( i remember the biopsy well & i just cried the whole way through. The doc said to go back & see her in 3 weeks to re access she said something about it being in the tissue but i can feel a very hard lump that doesnt move. I have to admit i have got myself in a state about it today & the area is now very red & sore to touch so i have to leave it alone. I seem to 'need' to keep checking the size which i know is silly. Because of my anxiety i think im going to see how it is in the morning & perhaps get a second opionion not because i dont believe the doc i just dont thinik i can wait 3-4 weeks without going insane. I would rather be refurred and get it over with :(

thanks again x

busybeingmum
01-04-10, 09:58
If it is now red and sore to touch then you have probably got mastitis!!!! You need antibiotics I should think. Sore is actually good! Let me know how you get on. xx