PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Ladybelle
31-03-10, 17:18
Hi, I have suffered with agoraphobia, anxiety and panic attacks for 23 years. I have good times and bad times but still have a very lonely sheltered life, made worse 2 years ago when my husband left me after 25 years of marriage leaving me even more isolated.
As a result I'm under more pressure to have to work, which was always difficult with my panic attacks and only able to travel a very short distance from home, so extremely limited to what I can get - just work in the local shop and just try and cope day to day.
For a long long time I've had problems sleeping, but always I could get to sleep no problems but never slept through the night - this was never a problem for me as I'd got used to it but for 3 weeks now I have hardly slept at all. I just cannot get to sleep - I lie there and lie there eyes shut but cannot drift off, this has snowballed into full on panic attacks again and becoming more and more agoraphobic. I was searching the net for insomnia stuff and found this great site !
I cant believe I've never found this site before !!
I am looking foward to getting to know you all and hopefully finding some friends :)

nomorepanic
31-03-10, 17:20
Hi Ladybelle

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

JT69
31-03-10, 18:23
Hi and welcome to nmp!!

Sorry to hear about your husband etc , you will find lots of friends on here, I found the site by accident searching for the meds I take and have made lots of friends. Its a great forum the people on here know how you are feeling and generally care.

Take care and good luck on your journey.

Jo.

Ladybelle
01-04-10, 14:01
Thanks Jo and Nicola :) I'm actually another Jo ! x