PDA

View Full Version : Blurred Vision...

Ella_Jayne
31-03-10, 22:49
I regularly suffer from blurred vision. Sometimes I can see little tiny dots in my vision too, like it's not as clear as it should be. I've had my eyes checked and was wondering how many people experience this due to anxiety? It's a very frustrating symptom especially when I get it when I'm not anxious at all.

Would love to know if anyone else experiences the same.

crazyhayz
31-03-10, 22:53
This was my main symptom as well as chest pains when i was at the height of my anxiety. I get this every time i feel anxious. and i often get blurriness! ive had my eyes tested and a brain scan, all normal. dots/floaters in your vision are caused from anxiety. its such a common symptom and one that is very hard to deal with as it freaks u out, but ive totally learnt to accept them now, and u will too. theyve got better since ive been on meds and doing CBT. Blurred visionm and dots in vision are due to heightened senses/nerve endings in your brain coz ur highly anxious, thats all. Dont worry bout them xx

crazyhayz
31-03-10, 22:57
thats why i had to have a ct scan on brain coz i was extremely dizzy with EXTREME blurred vision and dots... a Neurologist said it was all heightened senses. and once id realised i was fine, it all went away. now i only get it when im realllllllly anxious, which i rarely get like since having my CBT and medication. But dont worry, its totally normal and fine, double vision they take more seriously than blurred or 'offish' 'strange' vision, but even double vision can be down to anxiety. Trust me, u r fine, dont worry one bit hun xx

crazyhayz
31-03-10, 22:59
also, 'smokey' vision is another symptom of anxiety/heightened senses... where things look 'cloudy' or a room looks 'smoke-filled' or 'fuzzy'. Dont worry about that either. The brain is an amazing thing, and when our nerves r standing on end, it can do some crazy stuff to our vision!! xxx

stressbunny
31-03-10, 23:06
my eyes fell a bit prickly sometimes...do you get that as well?

Ladybelle
01-04-10, 14:22
I have pretty much all the above symptoms .... I do have bad eyes and weaer glasses tho, but they seem much worse now. I always worry about diabetes tho, and afraid sometimes its a symptom of that :(