PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack

Stars
31-03-10, 22:58
really need someone to talk to atm my chest is so tight and i feel like im having another panic attack i dont know if i should try anf stop it or let it carry on, but the more i try the worse it gets :weep:

Stars
31-03-10, 23:07
really need chat :'(

sarah jayne
01-04-10, 09:41
When this happens i always try to distract myself by thinking of something nice. I hope your feeling better now xx

jill
01-04-10, 22:22
Hi hun :D:hugs:

Panic is very scary, but the more you try and stop it the more it comes, hunny, please read all you can about panic, anxiety.

From what I know and learnd for myself, we must first learn to eccept panic, as panic hits let it be there, ride it out, with reasuring thoughts, eg, "this will pass, its ok, its a fails alarm, its ok, its there because, I am stuck on a rondabout right now,fear of panic, but I WILL learn how to bring this down to a more managable level, in time, I will learn how to stop panic" anything that is reasuring. Then and only then, go on and try and distract yourself, if you try and distract yourself first, without eccepting, this is not listening to what your mind and body is telling you. A panic attact is your flight, fight response, telling you are in danger, so please try and learn some reasuring statments for yourself. Help yourself understand, that YOU ARE NOT in danger, this takes time hunny.

Eccept, reasuring statments, distract.

We, use the reasuring statments to try and show ourselves the this is a fails alarm.

What I found helpfull was labeling my panic, anxiety, knowing what was panic and what was anxiety.

By numbering my panic as 10( at my worse ) and 0 or 1 feeling normal, the lower the number the lower the anxiety, the higher the number the higher the anxiety.

I felt it was not helping me by feeling my anxiety rise and telling myself, "ohhh I think I'm going to panic", this feed my panic. WHY because anxiety does NOT always lead to panic. Panic, they say are 2 symptoms or more. I labeld mine by symptoms and fear factor.

Even if I hit a 9 on my anxiety scale, I would tell myself, " WELL DONE, I did it, at least it was not my ten.

YOU CANNOT nearly panic, you either, panic ( have your 10, your worse ) or you have a level of anxiety.

There are lots of things you can help yourself when you feel anxiety rising.

know your 10

eccept and give good reasons for whatever symptoms you have, mine was always *** I am like this FOR NOW, not forever, I WILL learn how to stop panic, in time. *** am ok, this will pass, my panic, mode is there to porotect me, it will NOT harm me, learn other reasuring statments for yourself.

try and learn distractions, by eccpting, then going on to distraction, this takes you mind away from how you are feeling, when in panic mode, we are sooo tuned in to our thoughts and feeling, we take to much notice on how we feel, this feeds panic, distreactions, DOES WORK.

I tried, when feeling ok a good while after the panic and feeling alot better , after a pa, to go through my mind and try to think how I should of thought during a panic attact, it IS NOT easy when in panic mode, not be feel soooooo scared, SO, I would go over reasuring statments, chip away at the panic, know and understand each symptom, this helped me lots.

Hunny :hugs: I know its dame hard for you but please don't try and stop the panic, if you do this what you are trying to do is to stop your normal mind and bodys fuction, the flight, fight response is there to protect us, but at this present mement in time, yours has triggered a fails alarm, please, hun, learn how to reasure yourself, that THIS IS a fails alarm and you are NOT in danger, try learn some reasuring statments. This WILL help you move forward a little.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX