PDA

View Full Version : OCD about Brain Tumor

totaltension
31-03-10, 23:17
Hi to all,

i,m a 38 yr old male, with generally good health (apart from IBS)

This is my first post on this site, after reading several posts i would like to share my problem that as become totally out of control to the point that my life is in tatters at the moment.

It all started last August 2009 when i started having migraine with aura, which was partial blindness\in my left eye followed by numbness and tingling in my arms/hands - this lasted for about 30mins in total then i got the dull moderate headache which lasted 3-4 days at a time. Between the migraine incidents i suffered from what i now know as derealisation which was an extremely frightening symptom!!!!

I had several migraine attacks over a period of 2 months which just seem to happed out of the blue with the frequent dull type headaches in between the migraine episodes. After suffering for 2 months i decided to visit the GP to which he referred me to a neuroligist consultant. I saw the consultant who did the typical physical tests. As i have never suffered from headaches before the consultant arranged for a CT brain scan. i was glad he had arranged this but extremely nervous to the point i had a panic attack later that week and had to go to A&E with extreme headache.

I finally had the ct scan and had to wait for the results, which became too much and again lead to me going to A&E convinced i had a brain tumor!!! anyway the result of the scan was all clear and i was signed off by the consultant. The prognosis was migraine/tension headaches but no advice as how to control it.

Even though i,ve had the ct scan, physical tests and 2no. eye tests which appear to be ok, i still have the persistant headaches and derealisation, and it got to the point in Jan 2010 where it was affecting both my work and social life considerable.

I returned back to my GP again who put me on 10mg of cipralax (for Anxiety) which only helped slightly, as i still have these constant headaches i find it extremely difficult to believe anxiety can do this to my body and have a constant worry that i have something more sinister, especially with severe derealisation i have. Even though the above symptoms are the main ones i also have:

fatigue
neck/shoulder tension
night sweating
lack of confidence
loss of concentration
short term memory loss
constant worry

Does anybody suffer this problem, and if so any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Total tension

smpomeroy
01-04-10, 00:06
I havent had the same experience as you exactly but I have had very nasty tension headaches and migrains with an aura. Can I just check and ask if you have tried the simple step of getting regular massages to relieve the tension that is probably causing them? I know that sounds like an all too simple answer but you may well find it works - find a reputable masseuse trained in sports massage so they go go really deep into the tissue if needs be to get rid of the knots that are pulling on your poor head.

I have health anxiety related to others things than you have described but I get all of those symptoms from that so they are def normal. If you have a really good read around the site you will get the explanations of why anxiety can do this to your body - its been mucking with mine for at least 17 years - fun fun. I finally got a referral for proper therapy for it today actually so fingers crossed! It was this sight that gave me the final boot to go get the therapy referral, Im hoping they will be able to provide CBT so have think if there are other symptoms of anxiety/tension that have been going on longer than you had realised...

Good luck and go easy on yourself

Suz
:winks:

MightyPC
01-04-10, 09:55
Though my worry is not related to yours, see my original post, I know exactly where you`re coming from mate. Silly question, have they checked your blood pressure and try the optician, they tend to be less judgemental. Good luck