PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself!

Ady379
16-01-06, 15:12
Hey everyone! My name is Adrian and i'm 21. I've been suffering with anxiety for about 16 months now. I think everything started from the morning after a big night out, and since then i feel that i've somehow managed to condition myself into feeling anxiety, and therefore bringing on the endless symptoms. That's my theory anyway! The main symptoms i get are the dizziness/floaty feeling, sickness (but never actually sick), a dodgy stomach and headaches. I have experienced a lot of the different symptoms but manage to fight them off a lot of the time. Until 2 weeks ago i had been well for about 2 months, but then things just came flooding back. I think this is partly due to personal stress as my mum has been very unwell, i'm moving house etc. I am a very active person, going to the gym 4/5 times a week. However, i had an assessment at the gym a few days ago and was told my blood pressure is high - is this a symptom which anxiety can bring on? I've never had it before! Anyway, i'm so glad that i found this website and that now i really do know what is wrong with me and i can now learn to combat it! I've always been a fighter, as my mum has shown me, and will continue to be one and defeat this condition - i think i will just need help in doing so!

seh1980
16-01-06, 15:22
Hello and welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Meg
16-01-06, 16:00
Hello and welcome

Have a good read through and familiarize yourself with it all.

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tracyp584
16-01-06, 16:38
Hey Adrian,

Welcome to the site!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

trac67
16-01-06, 16:43
Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Tomimo
16-01-06, 17:15
Hello :)

It's a great site for sharing with others who are going through/have been through the same.

Annie x

berry-nice
16-01-06, 17:56
Hey adrian!

All of mine started after a big night out too, about two years ago now. I suffer from some of the same symptoms u mentioned.
PM me if you wanna chat :) xx

~*Rachel*~

molly15
16-01-06, 18:03
hi welcome to the site i always hav a high reading of my blood pressure wen someone else takes it but at home its fine.the doc calls it white coat syndrome.you will get loads of support here.take care marcia

marcia lowe

nomorepanic
16-01-06, 19:05
Hi Adrian

A warm welcome aboard the forum.

Nicola

alexis
16-01-06, 19:08
Hi Adrian, welcome, hope we can be some help to you. Take care.xx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

chucklehound
17-01-06, 13:38
Hi Adrian and welcome to NMP!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

3faces
17-01-06, 15:05
:DWelcome Adrian!:D

Jem xxx

'Recovery lies in the places and experiences you fear'

sueiamnew
17-01-06, 19:58
Hi Adrian and welcome to the site.

ERP
26-01-06, 11:13
Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the site!

I too suffer from headaches and dizziness and find it very discerning on occasions.

Stay positive and slowly you will learn to control symptoms so they are more bearable.

Stay well and good luck

Elly