PDA

View Full Version : Seroquel (newbie to it)

BabyRachel
01-04-10, 08:29
Hi all, I was just prescribed 25 mgs of Seroquel to help with my low moods. I was wondering how long I should expect to wait to see results? Is it like an SSRI where you have to wait a long time? Or is it more sudden?

Also, in your experience how long has it taken to get up to a 300mg doseage? I'll be on the 25 mg for a month, then increase. Psychiatrist said we will do it very slowly.

Is there anything else I should know about seroquel? Peoples positive or negative experiences with mood stabilisation? I know the common side effects of drowsyness and weight gain. Did anyone experience nausea?? This is my biggest fear.

Thankyou in advance for any replies. xx

bomberbeamish
04-05-10, 18:06
hi,, i was started on these 25 mg twice aday,, then up to 50 mg twice aday,, i am much more stable on them,, they have been a wounder drug for me,, ive never felt sick or anything,, just bit tired at first and very hungry,, but they soon stop,, ive been on them a yr now,, ive lost all the weight i first put on,, and feeling good. im now on the xl version,, which areuch better for me,, no ups and downs during day

naki
13-06-10, 13:01
yes, they have helped me so much, i take 100 mg to 150 depending on how i am and it is a life saver. i too gained a bit of weight in the beginning, but i take it on an empty stomach and try to watch my diet so it's actually ok.
all my best to u :)

Dahlia
13-06-10, 13:06
The effects of Seroquel should be felt much quicker than an SSRI, even by the end of the first week. You should definitely get no nausea, if anything it will make you feel hungry.

Dahlia

Fuzzy_Logic
14-06-10, 10:45
Hi all, I was just prescribed 25 mgs of Seroquel to help with my low moods. I was wondering how long I should expect to wait to see results? Is it like an SSRI where you have to wait a long time? Or is it more sudden?

Also, in your experience how long has it taken to get up to a 300mg doseage? I'll be on the 25 mg for a month, then increase. Psychiatrist said we will do it very slowly.

Is there anything else I should know about seroquel? Peoples positive or negative experiences with mood stabilisation? I know the common side effects of drowsyness and weight gain. Did anyone experience nausea?? This is my biggest fear.

Thankyou in advance for any replies. xx

I noticed the effects within a few days of being on the initial dose of 25 mg.
I now take 400mg a day and this drug has turned my life around and made me more stable than I've been in many years. The side effects that I've noticed are weight gain, I put on 16lbs but have now lost that, mind numbness, over sleeping and drowsiness first thing in the morning. Never experienced any nausea since I've been on it.
Don't drink alcohol while on it as this makes the drowsiness even worse.