PDA

View Full Version : anxiety over my children

lou72
01-04-10, 10:03
hi im new and am having trouble over coming my fears about my children,
i had panic attacks and anxiety about two years ago i took cipralex and they eventually went and i felt great and came off tablets fine,
well the last friday i had a majour panic attack again and have felt crap since, the doctors put me on ciltopram{ which im worried about}, the thing is i know what starts these episodes off its allways worrying about my children becoming druggies, if anyone talks about drugs and how rive they are nowadays i go into panic mode, my children are 9 and 7, and i cant help but think what on earth am i going to be like when they r teenagers, i hate the thought of them going out to play incase they get in with a bad crowd, it makes me so annoyed i feel like this will it ever go away?????????

also really have no appitete is this normal? im sure i didnt have this last time,

sb001f8994
01-04-10, 12:37
Hi lou72,
Im sorry your not feeling too great right now, hope it passes soon.
Children are a worry arent they? I have two sons aged 29 and 25 and a daughter aged 16. Ive had the worries of drink, drugs, smoking, sex, you name it Ive worried about it! We are not alone as once you're a parent it comes with millions of little worries every day for every parent and as the kids get older it only seems to add to these worries! I was always an over anxious mum, I would sit at the front and watch my kids play, I wouldnt let them go far and my poor daughter has hardly been able to move! We live in a very nasty world and I felt the only safe place for my daughter was at home, she of course had other ideas! You learn as your kids get older and turn into the preverbial 'kevin's' to let go and you have to trust their judgemment, of course if things are not going as you planned you have to steer them in the 'right' direction, even if they dont want to go! Im probably filling you with dread, sorry, I dont mean to. Having kids is frightening and unfortunatley they dont come with a handbook! Your kids will be fine, I never thought mine would and most parents here will probably feel the same.
You having no appitite is natural with all the stresses you are feeling right now. Please try and relax and enjoy your kids, only too quickly do they fly through the teenage years, go off and have kids of their own!
Take care,

lou72
01-04-10, 13:34
thank you so much for your reply carol,just to know im not the only over anxious mum helps, i so want to be a mum who can enjoy my children ansd stop worrying about what ifs