PDA

View Full Version : worried.....swollen eye for no reason

mummy4
01-04-10, 11:04
hi all

i fell asleep on the sofa tues evening (nothing unusual!) and when i woke my face was slightly itchy and i noticed my right upper eyelid was puffy i thought nothing of it and went to bed and got to sleep fine and assumed it would be ok in morning but its still like it now and my cheeks are quite itchy and im really worried.

anyone know what this could be?

xx

Cell block H fan
01-04-10, 11:06
hi all

i fell asleep on the sofa tues evening (nothing unusual!) and when i woke my face was slightly itchy and i noticed my right upper eyelid was puffy i thought nothing of it and went to bed and got to sleep fine and assumed it would be ok in morning but its still like it now and my cheeks are quite itchy and im really worried.

anyone know what this could be?

xx

Possibly. Sounds a whole lot like an allergy, especially the itchy bit, whats your sofa made of?
Years ago I woke up with a swollen face on one side, I never did find out what that was, but I assumed it might have been perfume.
Lasted a couple of days. Was embarrassing going to work like it! :D

xx

mummy4
01-04-10, 11:14
thing is i fall asleep on the sofa all the time!
its very embarrassing!

i put some cream for my spots on monday night and again tues morning (have not used it since) but i did not put it on my eyes or cheeks only on my chin and around my nose. but just dont understand why its only 1 eye

Cell block H fan
01-04-10, 11:22
thing is i fall asleep on the sofa all the time!
its very embarrassing!

i put some cream for my spots on monday night and again tues morning (have not used it since) but i did not put it on my eyes or cheeks only on my chin and around my nose. but just dont understand why its only 1 eye

Hmmm very strange! No possibility you touched your eye with the cream? I think the eyes are quite sensitive. I bet it will go down in a day or so & you will be none the wiser what caused it. Which is annoying.
xx

smpomeroy
01-04-10, 11:26
It can be as simple as falling asleep in an awkward position and your eyelashes getting pushed into your skin or forced in the wrong direction which can cause inflammation artound the eye area... I had it before and still sometimes wake up with swollen eyelid if I have fallen asleep heavily on one side of my face... Im sure its nothgin tow rry aobut but if it doesnt go donw in a day or so pop to the docs to gets something to sooth it.

Suz

mummy4
01-04-10, 15:57
thank you xx