PDA

View Full Version : I.B.S confused with ovary trouble?

Cell block H fan
01-04-10, 11:11
I know i'm sounding like a stuck record & i'm not too concerned for some reason, maybe I should be??!
But this ache in the left ovary & period type ache along the bottom of the tummy, ive had a few times over the last 17/18 years. Usually does start when i'm ovulating ive noticed. I can wake up relitively pain free, as the day goes on it creeps back?
Had it a week this time now, it started the day I was stressed about something last week. So not sure if its connected to ovulation or the stress to be honest!
Pretty sure I have some Colpermin in the cupboard, is it worth me trying that or is that more for stomach cramps?
Have seen people mention their I.B.S was confused with Geanocological (sorry cant spell it) stuff & vice versa?

Cat80
01-04-10, 11:51
I get these exact same pains with my IBS, feel like period pains for some reason and I get stabbing pains in my right side (where my right ovary is/appendix). It's a very common type pain with IBS apparantly

Cell block H fan
01-04-10, 12:35
I get these exact same pains with my IBS, feel like period pains for some reason and I get stabbing pains in my right side (where my right ovary is/appendix). It's a very common type pain with IBS apparantly

Yep its confusing because its almost like my period is going to start, & I alsmost expect to start bleeding when I go to the loo, but obviously it isn't going to happen because its mid cycle when the pains start a lot of the time! I dont get a change in bowel habits though, maybe less frequent if anything.
Ive taken a Colpermin, but not really expecting it to make much difference. I'm going to ask the doc about it once the pains have gone. I dont want to go whilst ive still got them because my tummy is sore & I dont fancy the prodding! lol
x

busybeingmum
01-04-10, 13:20
I get these pains a lot. Been scanned twice for it over the years. I have been told it is IBS. In fact, I have it at the moment. Started yesterday and my period only finished a week ago.... Instead of rationally thinking yep, IBS, I am irrationally thinking I have a serious women's problem! Arghhhhh!!!