PDA

View Full Version : help help

help me 21
02-04-10, 07:11
hi every 1 iv been on here now 10 months iv posted loads but no 1 seems 2 reply help plzzz.... im now 21 i have u badley depression n axniety im on 20 mg citlapram.. well im having trouble sleeping at night carnt sleep sooo tired i have soro ichy eyes feels glassy its scary.. and also have blurred vision and fuzzy dots in my eyes i dont think its any think 2 do with me not sleeping because when i do get sleep its still there it neva gos.. i also dont feel real 247 its scary could you all reply plz wud be gratfull thanks leanne xx:weep:

diane07
02-04-10, 07:15
Hi help me 21

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JT69
02-04-10, 11:58
hi every 1 iv been on here now 10 months iv posted loads but no 1 seems 2 reply help plzzz.... im now 21 i have u badley depression n axniety im on 20 mg citlapram.. well im having trouble sleeping at night carnt sleep sooo tired i have soro ichy eyes feels glassy its scary.. and also have blurred vision and fuzzy dots in my eyes i dont think its any think 2 do with me not sleeping because when i do get sleep its still there it neva gos.. i also dont feel real 247 its scary could you all reply plz wud be gratfull thanks leanne xx:weep:

Hi Leanne,

Have you tried posting on the citalopram threads?? How long have you been taking the 20mg citalopram for? A side effect of it is insomnia and increased anxiety which also can stop you sleeping. Blurred vision etc are also side effects which should settle when you have been on the meds for a while. Have you tried asking your GP for something to help you sleep until the meds get into your system (again I am guessing that you haven't been on the meds for long). I has zopiclone which I only took occasionally when on citalopram as I too couldn't sleep.

It is very common to "not feel real" the meds casue this...I know it is destressing but it should calm down when you get used to the meds.

Take care hun, hope you feel better soon.
JO.xx

help me 21
17-04-10, 03:38
hi jo no its not my meds iv been on them now 10 months my anxiety blurred vision and that i dont think its a side affect the meds are in my system

alias_kev
17-04-10, 13:16
Hi Leanne, Sorry you've never had many replies. It seems to be quite random. Some will get dozens and others none. Sometimes a descriptive title can help.

Its quite possible that the medication you are on is not agreeing with you. All the meds vary and so do we as patients. If its been 10 months of medication and you still feel the depression and anxiety then I reckon you need a different one. You should certainly push your GP/Dr to do a bit better for you. You may find some kind of psychological therapy would help. CBT is often helpful. If its available from your health service or you or someone could fund it then it would be a good idea.

I'm taking Venlafaxine for the past couple of months for GAD and Depression. Its meant to be awful to get off of, but I traded that risk against hopefully feeling better now.

If you are truly worried about your vision then you should probably see both your GP/Dr and an optician. Do remind both that you are on the medication and suffering from Anx & Dep. To reassure you one of the patient inserts for Citalopram says this about side effects, I've edited it down to the most relevant to you:

From UK eMC Database (http://www.medicines.org.uk/EMC/medicine/18163/XPIL/Citalopram+Tablets+10mg%2c+20mg%2c+40mg+%28Actavis +UK+Ltd%29/)

• Very common (occurs in more than 1 in 10
users):
sleepiness,
dizziness, visual disturbances, difficulty in sleeping,
agitation, nervousness.

• Common (occurs in less than 1 in 10 users):
anxiety,
problems sleeping,
abnormal dreams,
tiredness,
yawning,
abnormalities of vision,
To me it sounds like the side effects are affecting you more than the benefits.

There is a guide to coping with Citalopram in the forums, by one of the members. It may help you.

help me 21
17-04-10, 20:32
hi thanks for the message no iv had my eyes checked soo many times its down to stress the doctors have told me some days i have good days and some times i have bad days today i feel anxiouse i feel spacey its so horribe i always have fuzzy dots in my eyes scared dont no what to do