PDA

View Full Version : Vibration and leg issues

ScaredCaz
02-04-10, 11:41
Hi Guys

Bit up and down lately just when i think i have this beat it rears its ugly head again :weep:

I have a question i am hoping someone can help me with but i am a bit scared of the answer

Every night for probably the past 6 months at 7pm when my son goes to bed i go upstairs with my laptop and sit in bed i sit there till bedtime which is roughly 10.30-11pm sometimes i dont get up at all till just before i go sleep to use the toilet etc other times i am up alot depending on what i have drunk :blush:

Anyway i am now worried about my legs i get stiss muscles sometimes and i also feel what can only be described as a vibration especially round my thighs i do move my legs whie i am sitting in bed circle my ankles etc but i am really scared about dvt :weep:

What do you guys think?

Catalyst
03-04-10, 14:16
Hey

Quick question - is the vibration in the area where your laptop normally rests on your legs? Could there be a slight vibration from the laptop when you're using it?

Was just wondering if it could be Phantom Vibration Syndrome?! Like a 'muscle memory' thing. I've been getting a vibration in my pelvis & couldn't work it out. Then the other night when I was leaning against the work surface, cooking on the hob, I noticed that the fan oven was making the surface vibrate & I was feeling it in exactly the same place in my pelvis! Just a thought.

NoPoet
03-04-10, 15:24
Sounds like restless legs syndrome:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restless_legs

It's unpleasant but ultimately not serious. I think this can be caused by medication. It could also be cramp. Your best bet is to have a word with your doctor about it.