PDA

View Full Version : back from doctors....aaaagain

n.irishguy
02-04-10, 13:42
just back from seeing my gastriologist.............

i admited i had anxiety and depression at the moment, but gave him print outs of what ive googled on the net and asked could it be its not just anxiety, i mean i know its been bad over these past few months........

but ive had stomach and back problems for years now, so it cant just be anxiety????

so he said if a scan an more bloodtests would help my anxiety, then so be it. well actually it wasnt said as nice as that, there was alot of hmmm an haaa-ing!

my problem is...........they way your treated by doctors that think its all in our heads! the dam patronising smile they give you when you suggest things to them!

being labeled as an anxious person is horrible!!
oh and to put the icing on the cake, i forgot to mention to him the lumps in the back of my throat that have been here for 2 months now........ not that it would of made a difference!!

he would of just recommended cookies and a glass of milk

chrislot
05-04-10, 12:05
have you dever tried digestive enzymes, most of us need them these days.

Hel_is_heaven
06-04-10, 12:29
I hate to say it but technically it is all in our heads!! Lol. It's a mental disorder that all doctors have no experience of at all. It's the mental disorder that causes the physical symptoms!
I think the problem with people who have panic is that we tend to think the complete and utter worst that could happen. I have learnt not to look stuff up on the internet because I could diagnose myself with 50 million fatal or just plain nasty illnesses.
I have stomach problems because my panic is directly linked to it, and I have IBS, this is a very common problem for people who have panic.
If you've have it for years, that means its normal for you, the only time you need to worry particularly is when your movements change in some way.
At least your doctor has said that he would do the scans. Most wouldn't.
What is going on with your back?
I hope you feel better soon.
Helen x

joannap
06-04-10, 12:52
i had awful stomach problems for several years - eventually went for the tube down the throat - NOTHING! it went soon after that - i am sure it was all tension and the more i focused on that area - the worse it felt - i was basically pushing all my anxiety into physical symptoms. i am not saying there is never a physical problem but yes - you can suffer stomach problems and back problems and they can be linked to/made worse by anxiety/depression. i also suffered for headaches for years - terrible ones - as soon as i accepted them - they started to go - it is another example of being caught in a fear cycle. i read somewhere that if you are still worried after a doctors visit - see a second doctor but after that - try to see how it may be emotional rather than physical x

n.irishguy
06-04-10, 19:15
hey guys thanks for your replys........

my back pain was mostly after eating but i was in a car accident in 2005 and now my back has more pain things so its hard to tell if its the food or the accident lol

ive had so many tests, everythings coming out normal........its so frustrating.

yesturday after i ate my heart was in rapid mode for an hour an half............wen it settled i ate again and yes the rapid heart kicked of again........so today ive stayed in bed all day really cant be bothered.........i know i have anxiety but i know theres something up physically............got doctors tommorow im so dreading it, i just end up coming across wrong not saying what i want to say.

chrislot
06-04-10, 23:35
I disagree that mental problems cause physical probs in many cases. There are physical probs that cause anxiety, depression and even OCD etc. Pyroluria, histadellia, histapenia and copper overload, cause a lot of physical symptoms that the average GP does not know about. Medical research is 30 to 50 yrs ahead of medical practise.

chrislot
06-04-10, 23:38
I just realised that you are from NI. Dr Edmund O flaherty in Merrion SQ, Dublin is trained in new ways to treat psychiatric probs and gets great outcomes.

daydreamer
08-04-10, 19:54
Hey. I know how you feel, somtimes the docs can be so patronising. We wait so long to see them just to be laughed out of the office! It does make you worry that if it was something seriously wrong, would they believe us or put it all down to anxiety?!